1) There are about 700 interns. Lot of diversity and we get to meet lot of people and exchange ideas.
2) Interns are treated as full time employees in most aspects.
3) Interns work on real features which are to be shipped.
4) Meeting BillG is one of the best thing in internship. Not even the full timers have this opportunity.
5) SteveB came to the intern techfest. So one could meet him too.
6) Intern program in thoughtfully organized with lots of activities interspersed like
- attending Baseball games of mariners
- Trip to Mt.rainier, Mt Baker, st helens
- White water rafting in white salmon river
- Barbeque at BillG's house
- Intern techfest
- soccer matches
not all are organized by the Intern Program, but are initiatives taken by the interns themselves.
7) some times your require to put 10-14 hours of work.
8) Results/products matter a lot, so put 3 hours and produce it or put 14 hours. Quality matters a lot.
9) Your co-workers are super intelligent guys. The discussions in corridors are really intellectually charged.
10) People here are really passionate about their work and the company
Overall a fantastic experience.