Cloud you integrate services such as macincloud with VS2015 in order to be able to develop for iOS without Mac.
Ideally you would show the computer screen (Powerpoint, Visual Studio, ...) full screen most of the time, and a view of the presenter sometimes.
As it is the slides and the screen are washed up and unreadable.
Also more working demos would be great.
Still, so looking forward to Windows 10 IoT !
I wish we could access a preview of Windows 10 on Raspberry 2
// Begin rant
Greta news for PC Players but yet again another missed opportunity for Microsoft to show it is serious about Windows RT, with ARM drivers for the Xbox controller.
First it was Office updates that weren't ported to RT.
Then functionalities in OneNote that weren't ported such as office lenses or the recording goodies.
And now Xbox One pad driver.
It would be much clearer if Microsoft declared Windows RT dead, and unbricked it so that people could install their own ported desktop applications/drivers.
// End rant
Looking forward to testing VS 14 CTP!
This doesn't work anymore.
There is no dx branch.
Running winrtBasic example crashes (in IsProcessorFeaturePresent)
There seems to be changes needed for VS2013.
Could you please update this tutorial for the latest version of Cinder / VS 2013?
Beginning to look at c++ for Windows 8 & Windows Phone 8 Development and the picture seems quite bleak.
- Trying to work with c++ for these two platforms one creates horrible horrible c++ code such as:
This code is of course not portable and people used to c++ won't even understand it & go & try using such code for android or osx ios apps.
So far, i couldn't find a single good example from Microsoft (or anyone else) with a big portion of standard c++ code, and only a small portion of horrible Platform dépendent code. Please please show me I'm wrong, list links and even better make c9 videos.
- Getting accustomed to the Microsoft Virtual Academy, everything is done with xaml/c#. Example "Build Apps for Both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Jump Start" or "Building Apps for Windows Phone 8 Jump Start".
- It seems to me nothing has changed and c#/xaml is de facto the only model supported by Microsoft.
- c++ seems limited to scenarios where you want to do almost everything by yourself (e.g. hardcore directx c++ non portable programming). So c++ doesn't work well with higher level winRT libraries, or to make it work one has to write tons of horrible c++ code lines making it absolutely not Worth the effort and strongly suggesting using c# instead.
- Microsoft seems committed to c++, but only as a Tool to write its own OSes and applications, and not committed to c++ for developpers that want to use the language for what it's good, notably portability and reuse.
- Please prove me wrong and make a series detailing a non trivial app running on Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, Android & ios with most it developped in real standard c++, plus a part that is Platform specific.