Beginning to look at c++ for Windows 8 & Windows Phone 8 Development and the picture seems quite bleak.
- Trying to work with c++ for these two platforms one creates horrible horrible c++ code such as:
This code is of course not portable and people used to c++ won't even understand it & go & try using such code for android or osx ios apps.
So far, i couldn't find a single good example from Microsoft (or anyone else) with a big portion of standard c++ code, and only a small portion of horrible Platform dépendent code. Please please show me I'm wrong, list links and even better make c9 videos.
- Getting accustomed to the Microsoft Virtual Academy, everything is done with xaml/c#. Example "Build Apps for Both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Jump Start" or "Building Apps for Windows Phone 8 Jump Start".
- It seems to me nothing has changed and c#/xaml is de facto the only model supported by Microsoft.
- c++ seems limited to scenarios where you want to do almost everything by yourself (e.g. hardcore directx c++ non portable programming). So c++ doesn't work well with higher level winRT libraries, or to make it work one has to write tons of horrible c++ code lines making it absolutely not Worth the effort and strongly suggesting using c# instead.
- Microsoft seems committed to c++, but only as a Tool to write its own OSes and applications, and not committed to c++ for developpers that want to use the language for what it's good, notably portability and reuse.
- Please prove me wrong and make a series detailing a non trivial app running on Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, Android & ios with most it developped in real standard c++, plus a part that is Platform specific.