Entries:
Comments:
Posts:

Loading User Information from Channel 9

Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9

Latest Achievement:

Loading User Information from MSDN

Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN

Visual Studio Achievements

Latest Achievement:

Loading Visual Studio Achievements

Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements

Discussions

dahat dahat inanity makes my head hurt
  • Desktop Linux versus Windows XP shootout

    This is mostly for Karim... but also for anyone else following... I just got the following private message from Beer:

    Beer28 wrote:

    Hi dahat, please step out of your message board fantasy world for a second and consider reality. I'm filing a restraining order against karim alim on monday because he is harassing me and threatening to harass people in the company and customers.

    He is ill, and I don't think you should encourage him.

    Thanks so much for you understanding.



    I have only 2 words that I can respond with:

    Congrats Karim!!!

  • 2006 Predictions?

    2006... the year of Linux on the desktop.

    Didn't happen in 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04 or 05... so this has got to be the year right?

    I'm still looking forward to the announcement on /.

  • Desktop Linux versus Windows XP shootout

    PaoloM wrote:
    Beer28 wrote: I'm filing monday to restrain you from contacting us.

    No, you're not. This is ANOTHER one of your lies.

    If I am wrong, I expect to see the docket numer posted here for us to check. But I know that will never happen...


    Or... more likely he'll find new and entertaining excuses for while this filing failed (not unlike the last time he was filing paperwork)... in that case, without knowing it he forgot about the force of gravity leading to this entertaining tale:

    Beer28 wrote:
    So the gas station was flooded with about a foot of water, but it was still drivable there. The water level being flat made me think there wasn't a drop underneath but there was, and on my way out of the gas station into an adjacent parking lot on my way to ups the car dropped about 3-4 feet after hitting a curb and sank.


    BTW... Karim... I'm official jealous! Not only has directly threatened legal action against you... if I am not mistaken... he has also broken the law, giving you direct standing for suing him (if you wanted).

    In most places... openly threatening a lawsuit (“I’m going to sue you”) is little different legally than threatening physical harm (“I’m going to break your legs”). Sadly, it would have been far far better if he would have put in an “or else” or “unless you leave un alone”… in which case not only do we have him illegally threatening you... but also engaging in extortion “do what I say or I’ll sue you”.

    I guess Christmas came a bit late for you eh Karim?

  • Desktop Linux versus Windows XP shootout

    Beer28 wrote:
    Karim wrote:
    Beer28 wrote: That would be a total waste of money.


    Money you don't have.


    First It's an illegal corporation, and now it's broke. Karim wants access to the corp's bank account. Well here's where I draw the line Karim. If you hack it, kudos, if not you'll have to spend sleepless nights wondering.


    To quote a previous post:

    dahat wrote:
    Beer28 wrote: Karim, Shiv, Cybermagellan, jaylittle and dahat, quickly jumped on this to try to say I was running an illegal corporation.


    I'm throwing the bull(I need to watch my language) flag on that play... yet again.

    Find me a single post from any of us in this thread saying that your company was illegal.

    As I said earlier... no one was saying that, but that your company is not what you claim it to be as in the end it is just paper with no released products and just a pile of claims.

    (Edited to remove curse word not picked up)

  • New Years Resolution?

    BryanF wrote:
    1. exercise more regularly.
    2. accept the futility of arguing with zealots, both on and offline.
    3. get involved in more charitable work.


    If you ever fail at #2 and decide to go back to it... you could use #3 quite well.

    I can see the commercials now...

    Every year, thousands of internet message board posts go unanswered, posts such as 'you are lame' and 'I think coke is better than pepsi suxors'... these poor souls, desperate for attention and coversation go unacknowledged.

    For the low, tax deductible cost of only 78 cents a day, you can help. Your donation, along with others to the Feed The Trolls Campaign will do just that... help to feed these poor wretches who have nothing better to do.

    Wont you please, help feed a troll?

  • Desktop Linux versus Windows XP shootout

    Beer28 wrote:
    I'm just saying, even though this is an internet message board, perhaps you could actually fact check something before simply posting it as fact. Very little of what was written was anything more than opinion.


    LOL OMG ROFLOL! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA... <breath> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

    Oh no... my sense of humor is ruined... that was the funniest thing I’ve ever heard or read... I don't think anything can or will ever top it... I may never laugh again.

  • Desktop Linux versus Windows XP shootout

    Karim wrote:
    No, that's the truth, a concept with which you are unfamiliar.


    You need to enable private messaging Karim... because this bit will potentially give ammo to Beer... however I think it’d be funny to see what he’d do.

    In the US at least... a libel/slander case does not rely on something being untrue (as is the case in the UK and presumably Canada as well), but instead requires the proving of malicious intent... so he could drive south and file suit against you and I for our unkind words (in his mind).

    Of course, he’d lose in a heartbeat as libel/slander cases are some of the hardest to prove and are very rarely successful.

  • Desktop Linux versus Windows XP shootout

    Beer28 wrote:
    That's also libel. Why don't you give it a rest. Do you get high on this?

    Really? Then here is some more libel for you... Beer, you are a coward. You talk and you talk. You say how grand your company is and how important it is and everything else and never show a thing. You accuse people left and right of being so bad, claiming it’s libel and what not... Do something about it.

    Sue him, hell, sue me! For once in the time you’ve spent here... back up your assertions and do something about it.

    Anything less... and we will continue to know the truth.

  • Desktop Linux versus Windows XP shootout

    Beer28 wrote:
    I hope you realize that everything you post Karim Alim, and what Tim anderson posted could all be filed for libel.


    Filing for libel is one thing... winning a claim of libel is quite another.

    I'd be very careful in saying such things Beer... as any reasonable person who was sued by you under such claims would be likely file a counter-claim for damages brought on by your potentially malicious law suit.

    Given your history on this site, as well as the evidence against you, your claims would not likely to be successful... and depending on how you pressed it, would be likely to cause the judge rubber stamp any counter-claims for wasting their (the target and the courts) time on such baseless claims.

    You might laugh inside and say “So what if I lose? I will have hurt whoever I sued for libel by wasting their time and they can’t touch me because I’ve got nothing to take.”... which might be true... however depending on the skill of those you sue... you’d be likely to have just about anything seized of value... you’ve got a car don’t you? And a PC? Some laptops? A PSP?

    Remember, when you file a suit, you quickly and easily open yourself up to counter-suit, and anything you own or have claim to would be considered an asset that could be seized. When one does not have large amounts of resources with which to fight tooth and nail (which you do not have), one should not enter court lightly.

  • Desktop Linux versus Windows XP shootout

    Cybermagellan wrote:
    See Beer no one is saying that your not a corporation....according to ... <removed for length>


    There you go Cyber, quoting the truth like the rest of us... something Beer has been ignoring.

    Notice he didn't respond to my last post about asking him to find a single comment from one of us in this thread, claiming his company was illegal.

    P.S. Karim... save me a seat, I’ll be there, trying to keep a straight face with you!