I made a couple of mistakes in the demos.  Here are explanations:

1. When I was saving the Word document after modifying the XML file, Winzip was saving the file without subdirectory information, so it didn't actually update the file I edited (that's the error message it was popping up which I kept closing).  If Winzip had actually saved the file correctly, it would have worked.

2. When I recorded the macro and attached it to a toolbar, I recorded the macro into Normal.dot, but attached the toolbar to the current document.  When I moved it to the other computer and clicked the button there, it was finding and running another "Macro1" on the Normal.dotm on that computer, which I had created while practicing the demo.  So the fact that the button appears to do something different on the other computer is technically correct Smiley