If you haven't had the opportunity to see Microsoft's next generation virtualization hypervisor platform, you are in luck.
Jeff Woolsey, a lead program manager on the Windows virtualization team, recently recorded a great video to walk us through some of the new features that are going to be available in Microsoft's Windows Server Virtualization platform.
In this 5 minute 45 second video clip, you'll be able to see and learn more about the following:
- Windows Server Virtualization running on Server Core managed from another Windows Server Longhorn box
- 64-bit and 32-bit Windows and Linux running on the same server core box
- A running 8-core virtual machine
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager (which does P2V conversions, live migrations with no downtime and organizes workloads)
- System Center Operations Manager
- Monitoring the VMs on the Server Core box
- Running a PowerShell script to hot-add a new network adapter to a running SQL Server virtual machine
You can watch this amazing video at mms://wm.microsoft.com/ms/windowsserversystem/longhorn/Virtualization_F.wmv