but the point was that squares are boring. (wilma - square in air )
some circles are made up of triangles... do those circles count?
how much should we count? should we count in Excel? in boxes?
they are functional and efficient.
if i HAD to live by that logic i would at least start hoping the new metro was 3d boxes - like in the Zero Theorm ;P
SEE it if you havent all niners!
delve and cortana may = "Her" but you want the ui to be gilliam! :P
edit: Her - what a STUPID name and poster for a really good sci-fi flick
I thought it was a chick flick ( with the moustache dude red poster etc
the poster should have been that one shot of the UI - HER
box office x 100
just like all my tv shows and movies... err..
you no it is funny tho
there are 2 solutions - but the industry wont do either
one is product placement on steroids. (there are no commercials - the products are embedded. Characters talking in front of Subway with posters in window. etc. Blurring them will only make the show look bad. they will stay in.no-one will bother
the other is content protectionism = internet costs (for us) - quadrupled as communication providers try to pull their own "netflix's" and pay for "new created content" (which they will pretend to do but really its just a price grab
( they do this sort of now in canada - its called the blank media tax)
none of your circle examples are from MS
so if you want one - they had a mobile bee hive honey comb UI - which was circular
it was interesting
too bad the squares won (literally)
EDIT: i just googled trying to find what im refering too... couldnt figure out what to type... anyone here remember it?
i think it was a Windows mobile UI demo? or something?
*and honey combs would indeed stack into a circle
edit - its obvious why they didnt do it though - they didnt want to be the BEE company
so while they would stack - and fit together - they were dumped for ... squares and rectangles.
Fine. But if i want to waste the space on my huge monitor - to have circles - give them to me
1. i am still trying to get my head around the new u2 album for free... sure the video will be in commercials - and its for the red project - ... the music industry must be having convulsions (yay)
2. NO MORE " I - Names". (Apple Pay Apple Watch..." ) Good because it meant internet back in the day and it was time it was retired. Perhaps MS should follow suit and call Internet Explorer "Explorer" and Bing - "MIcrosoft Search" *search.com - joker site - buy it) :P
3. Watch UI - is metro - but with circles. Now where have i heard that one before... Customization is key - some people hate excel boxes for a UI - please add circles to metro - (hey they ripped YOU off - but you could have been first)
4. The watches look great - loved the idea of the winder (crown) as a digital watch has no purpose for one - except to control the interface. this was brilliant.
5. Big iphone - about time
6. So where is my Microsoft Watch - that works with my nokia 8.1 phone?
Fileman - bursts through wall
Fileman: "its a good thing i am here to save the day"
Old lady on computer " there's nothing to save - all my data's in the cloud - go away"
**hire terry jones - or eric idle as old lady
Fileman - well - maybe i can help you bake a cake then
out! out! monty python old lady screaming... </end>
ok so maybe not...that. but - pretending MS did change the name of IE - and pretending that they went with Explorer (still a respected entity) what would your commercial be? Would fileman be hung out to dry? would he not have enough characters to get his points across? (256)
Would he remind all the people who are old with money about Windows 3.1 (you no - when regular people got to pretend they had a 3k Mac)
Maybe there is something we could do with this - but i think we need a stretch monster doll for the video