*edit ... hmm ... so how does he smile...
cut to: Sauron walking down busy street... casual clothes but his head is on fire with the eye thing....
cut to - him opening doors for people
cut to - pay it forward free coffee - turn around - it...s sauron! (waves)
- cut to - slicing a kids sandwich for him with a huge blade - kid smiles back
- cut to him sitting on a bench - people come by to sit - he moves over - they look at him.. and move on
- cut to - he puts his head down... shakes it (sad music)
- cut to - his phone rings - he answers - he pulls out his tablet and starts multitasking...
- cut to - people start coming closer as he works
- cut to - he looks up and smiles as they look over shoulder
- cut to - he closes excel on tablet - opens a game and hands it to a kid as he goes back to conference call on cell
- people all laugh pat on back (Sauron still flaming/eye)
Microsoft - ("running with the devil" - loud - comes in)
"When you're this evil - you're bound to get a few things right."
sorry for this too... although you two ARE a bit of a goon squad (lol)
cmon... you look for mistakes! (not that thats bad - but - it can take the fun out of throwing stuff at the wall creatively...)
i notice you didnt reply.....
thats ok - you are the c9 fact checkers (?) i guess.... doesnt sound like too much fun to me - but have at it.
ps - above i still like - guess was too long and rambling for anyone to read
basically it was :
- all the cool stuff youve made - no one knows about! (except kids and die hards) your ads are not comunicating that "youve done it!!"
- let people know all the stuff they used to turn off works now
- debunk (immediately) your old Privacy Officers assertions that he would never use a win phone and that you are a parrot for the government (google news - search "privacy, microsoft")
- Too easy is funny - but it is still too hard... this pokes fun at the people who think you are dumbing things down
will it save the company? i doubt it - would it be better than the ads youve been running - YES
edit @spinivious - ya thats why i posted it... its all the things my friends say - woven into a weird jamie ad about a sub ! ; das BOOT!)
I'm sorry. I was wrong. The fact you guys are here - not fair weather here - trumps my - drive by status anyday.
i do not however think i am a celebrity. Perhaps - if i am known - for anything it is that i just "love this company"
i cannot believe how it has failed so MUCH (especially with the c9 crew who has posted 1000's of great ideas.
maybe im good a bit on marketing... lets say 2% worth... ad that to everyone elses input 9%, 18% 4%, 3% EACH.... at end of day c9 had a 100%+ solution - but no one listens anymore (len, scoble days)
pining for the fiords i guess.
edit: ps i still see the ruddy gray guy in my cloud!
* my dad used to say ruddy as a swear word - not sure it exists - but maybe it ruddy does
"Hi this is Phil Collins for Windows Metro. I once traveled on the Concord between 2 concerts half a world away in 2 hours. I do that now in Metro in 2 seconds"
<off topic> and the lamb - lies down... sorry just liked that one
OK - IM DONE
*cant wait to hear all the great ideas from sven and blowdart - how would you promote win / metro / phone / tab guys! ? cant WAIT to hear your IDEAS
"goon squad - theyre going to look you over and theyre giving you the eye"
* remember norm? the sign guy i used to talk about? who showed me 1280 resolution? and 80 meg syquests? and networked windows for workgroups 3.11?
he would LOVE "too easy" - he talks about windows like they keep dumbing it down
just showing that a 30? year windows user - who would love that ("bout time they stopped dumbing it down - hey i like this anywhere thing") </norm>
edit - sometimes the choir needs preaching to
EDIT 2: if above seems like it is not really your targeted demographic you are correct. It mainly addresses the people that used windows forever and helped build your company.
but maybe - once your long time users stop cursing you - the younger ones will stop looking for alternatives
speaking of the pitch - if you watched yesterday - the company that lost - had actually come up with the other companies winning idea - and threw it away
"just because" (won) (for 1800 flowers) They went with the cute - "make your presents felt" (lost)
i knew theyd lose.
man - the people in those agencies...
<adrian belew> double talk... double talk...</belew> i really do - do this for a iving and my office is NOTHING like those fake ones (mines a pig sty!)