That was perfect refresher, great example and top quality presentation.
Loading User Information from Channel 9
Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9
Loading User Information from MSDN
Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN
Loading Visual Studio Achievements
Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements
Apart from understanding the general principle this is a new subject for me, and these videos are helping a lot. Looking forward to more in this series.
Using your example in the video, if you know one site is already down, can you speed up the changeover to the remaining good sites by manually off-lining the offending service in traffic manager. I'm thinking this manual control would also be handy for any maintenance activity that was region wide (if such an activity was needed).
Great talk, I'm struggling to come up with a good question, the essence of your talk reminds me of a couple of overly grand xSP projects that failed due to tying too many services together. (not just on the systems side but also on the sales side).
My thoughts for both at the time were can we build a rack of service A and sell that first, I failed to explain this well enough I guess. Plenty of experience tells me your right.
P.S. I recommended you to MVA recently, you've got me to blame if they come asking you about doing a course
Thank you for making these three videos, very valuable 30 mins of my time. Hope you will do some more in the future.
Sorry didn't explain three browsers.
I use this live id for MVA and an Azure subscription. (one I tried and failed to use to look at new WAAD services). First account I setup.
I have an organisation account for my live O365 service. (second account setup)
I now have the new organisation account for Azure to look at WAAD. (I think I'm correct in this was currently the only way to see the preview).
If you try an switch between these services without logging out of each one every time it's a complete pita, hence I now use 3 different browsers at the same time to save endless logout / login steps and or confusion.
It would be great if I could login to my live O365 account and use for Azure live services and also Azure preview services. (or integrate with any other ms online service like InTune.)
I think I understand much of this is coming soon using WAAD.
Sorry me again ! Ignore the two last posts. The issue is the chair -> keyboard interface. (mostly)
Missing the click on live id or organization account button before logging in. Well managing to not get asked this annoying but obviously important question first few attempts !
I have it all working now using three different browsers so there is no conflicts.
All sorted makes complete sense once I understand this preview is a separate azure island.
I've recently discovered the new O365 is 3 (possibly more) islands and can't have one organisation with a mix of users with different licenses, not a big deal once the detective work has been done to work these things out !
I'm looking forward to the time when I can use one account to Manage Azure, O365, InTune & hopefully future preview features without the need to create more accounts.
Even better if I could have one login to manage multiple companies for all Microsoft online services
Many thanks for pointing out exactly what I needed to make it work.
Separately I've been looking at service bus features of azure and i agree is a good approach as would be using web api in mvc and making the client code relatively simple, having the brains of the app server based and therefore hidden from view.
For my question I was thinking about a simple app where content has some value for example a travel app with data for offline use (i.e. to have the data when your somewhere remote on the road). Probably not many uses where this is a major issue.
I'll download a couple of free apps of this type and see what I can find, learn.
I previously year or two ago looked at an iOS travel app for a leading travel book company and the core of their app was a sqlite db in the clear !
The source code they used to access and present the data was of course compiled. Obviously anybody so inclined can read and copy from using the app even if the files are protected, I'm only looking at how to make it slightly less easy.
For reading your link obfuscation (code) (or using C# / C++) and encryption (data) are the way to do this.
Thanks for having a look around for some info.