Then by all means don't! But don't act like you are some kind of Linux expert to me and let me know how much better Windows is. Here are something Windows zealots can't seem to comprehend: Most Linux users were former Windows users. We are much more creditable then your cred just for this reason alone.
But, here's something you (linux zealot?) don't seem to comprehend: most of the people on this forum have tried Linux (or even use it to manage servers at work, at an ISP, etc), and still chose Windows over it. So I don't see how "former Windows users" are more credible.
I don't believe that one bit. If people here used Linux recently they wouldn't be so hateful or FUDish about it. Sorry.
1. I'm one such person.
2. I'm not hateful, or FUDish.
3. Linux is a great tool for certain tasks.
4. Windows is a great tool for other tasks.
5. In my experience, Windows is far easier to use, even for the tasks that Linux is a better tool.
6. I hardly ever see "Windows zealots". I see people defend the OS of their choice against other zealots, but a zealot initiates it with FUD and hate.
Linux has two major problems. One is that the developer base is too L337 to realize they need to fix their interface. The tools perform wonderfully, but it takes a skilled computer hacker much too long to perform tasks he's not done before, much less Aunt Tillie having a hope of performing said task.
The second problem isn't technical, and it's probably the biggest problem. Linux has too many zealots, trolls, cry babies, anti-social nutcases and fringe-politic people.