David Tesar met with Alan Meeus, Senior Product Manager for Windows Phone, to discuss what's new for IT Pros and business users with Windows Phone 8. We have lots of demos—the following is how it breaks down.
The Technical interview starts at [06:10] with a discussion of some of the new enhancements relevant for IT Pros with Windows Phone 8:
- Security - Trusted shared core, Bitlocker Encryption and secured boot
- [08:25] Management - SCCM and Intune device mobile device management Application Hub
- [09:40] When do you use Exchange Active Sync versus deeper Mobile Device Management?
- [10:17] How do you enable Bitlocker on Windows Phone 8?
- [11:29] Demo: Managed phone area in Windows Phone 8
- [13:18] Demo: Verify device is encrypted for on Windows Phone 8
- [13:59] Demo: Windows Intune Application Hub and install corporate Windows Phone 8 application
- [15:44] Productivity enhancements for business users on Windows Phone 8
- [19:15] Demo: Provision Email, SharePoint, and Lync on Windows Phone 8
- [20:25] Demo: Conversation View, Connecting to Lync meetings, Attachments on Windows Phone 8
- [21:17] Demo: Creating documents on multiple devices in web browser and Windows Phone 8
- [22:43] Demo: Office Hub enhancements in Windows Phone 8
- [24:30] Demo: One Note with voice dictation on Windows Phone 8
Download an evaluation of Windows Intune: http://aka.ms/wintune
Learn more about Windows Phone 8 for IT Pros: http://aka.ms/winphone8
Connect with the Edge Team:
Facebook – Twitter - Email