This week on Channel 9, Dan and Brian discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [0:24] ASP.NET Open Sourcing Discussion with Scott Hanselman (Brady Gaster, Scott Hanselman)
- [2:22] PowerShell Scripting Games, All in One Page, Registration Information, The Announcement, Top 10 Reasons for competing in the 2012 Scripting Games, The judging criteria (Ed Wilson)
- [3:35] Using NuGet PowerShell to Replace Missing Macros in Dev 11 (John Robbins)
- [4:49] FIX: April 2012 Update for Visual Studio 11 Beta, April 2012 Updates to Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Beta (x86 and x64) - (English) on MSDN Subscriber Download [Note direct link may not work due to MSDN Subscriber site architecture. If not, should be listed in New downloads or our can search for it]. POST SHOW UPDATE: Since the recording of this show more information has been released as well as downloads for the public. Please see this blog post Improving how we update Visual Studio for more information.
- [5:46] Talk: What's new in VB11 & Talk: Async Part 1 - the message-loop, and the Task type (Lucian Wischik)
- [8:31] Quick Tip: Show WinRT XAML Binding Errors (Shawn Wildermuth)
- [9:41] Installing enterprise metro apps without using Microsoft Store (Lee Stott), TechNet 's How to Add and Remove Apps (aka Sideload)
- [10:42] Optimize [WinPhone7 App] Startup Time(Mike Battista)
- [12:17] 10+ powerful debugging tricks with Visual Studio (Ivan Shcherbakov)
Picks of the Week!