Entries:
Comments:
Posts:

Loading User Information from Channel 9

Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9

Latest Achievement:

Loading User Information from MSDN

Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN

Visual Studio Achievements

Latest Achievement:

Loading Visual Studio Achievements

Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements

This Week on Channel 9 @ Mix: March 14 Episode

Download

Right click “Save as…”

In this week's episode, Brian, Dan, and Clint finish off our Mix spectacular with clips from:

- Clint interviewing Miguel De Icaza including what Karate Kid Part I can teach students (0:50)
- Chris Auld demonstrating an IIS module that dynamically combines resources (css, images, javascript, etc) resulting in 400% perf  improvements, all with no code changes (2:57)
- John Sagiovanni showing of Zumobi, a free, extensible Windows Mobile app that connects your favorite services (6:57)
- Scott Hanselman and Clint Rutkas talking about Clint's segway skateboard and how Scott helped Clint redesign his other application for extensibility (12:33)
- 3rd Place Show Off Contest -  Wii Data Visualizations and Multipoint by Veracity Solutions (19:18)
- 2nd Place Show Off Contest -  Realtime Physics in Silverlight by Bill Reiss, Andy Beaulieu, and Jeff Weber (21:43)
- 1st Place Show Off Contest - Crayon Physics Deluxe by Kloonigames (24:47)
- Scott Hanselman does Jerry Seinfield and William Shatner/Captain Kirk imitations (27:45)

Tags:

Follow the Discussion

  • Maddus MattusMaddus Mattus Maddus on C9, Is often ​controversi​al, But fun ​none-the-​less -​evildictait​or
    The winner game at the end of the video is awesome!!!
  • Clint RutkasClint I'm a "developer"
    For the full Miguel Interview, the link is
    http://channel8.msdn.com/Posts/Mono-the-other-Net-that-runs-on-Linux/

    And on my blog, I'll be posting shortly some videos of the frame in a "useable" state.

    Clint
    http://betterthaneveryone.com
  • Does anyone have a link to Chris Auld's stuff?  Or the you tube video?  I tried searching but couldn't find it.  Maybe I should sart using live search?

    >>- Chris Auld demonstrating an IIS module that dynamically >>combines resources (css, images, javascript, etc) resulting in >>400% perf  improvements, all with no code changes (2:57)
  • Christian Liensbergerlittleguru <3 Seattle
    Why is the download video smaller than the one that I get when I click on the "Full Screen" button?

    Download: 94.46 MB (is this again the Zune version?)
    Full Screen: 96.00 MB
  • PerfectPhasePerfectPhase "This is not war, this is pest control!" - Dalek to Cyberman
    MetaGunny wrote:
    Does anyone have a link to Chris Auld's stuff?  Or the you tube video?  I tried searching but couldn't find it.  Maybe I should sart using live search?

    >>- Chris Auld demonstrating an IIS module that dynamically >>combines resources (css, images, javascript, etc) resulting in >>400% perf  improvements, all with no code changes (2:57)


    http://www.actionthis.com/home.aspx

    http://youtube.com/results?search_query=actionthis&search_type=

  • Dan FernandezDan
    Maddus Mattus wrote:
    The winner game at the end of the video is awesome!!!


    Agreed, I would pay money for that game. We're trying to get them to come to Maker Faire so people can play with it hands on Big Smile
  • Dan FernandezDan
    littleguru wrote:
    Why is the download video smaller than the one that I get when I click on the "Full Screen" button?

    Download: 94.46 MB (is this again the Zune version?)
    Full Screen: 96.00 MB


    Fixed, Charles just swung by and explained the problem which was my misunderstanding of which file is the high-res versus low res file. The high res file has 2MB on it and I had assumed that was the low res file, my bad, but fixed in the future.
  • Christian Liensbergerlittleguru <3 Seattle
    Dan wrote:
    
    littleguru wrote:
    Why is the download video smaller than the one that I get when I click on the "Full Screen" button?

    Download: 94.46 MB (is this again the Zune version?)
    Full Screen: 96.00 MB


    Fixed, Charles just swung by and explained the problem which was my misunderstanding of which file is the high-res versus low res file. The high res file has 2MB on it and I had assumed that was the low res file, my bad, but fixed in the future.


    Awesome. I got already the high res one by adding the _2MB and wanted to post that right away. Great that you fixed it already!
  • Christian Liensbergerlittleguru <3 Seattle
    What a lovely show! Awesome work guys... Smiley

    *voting for more Scott on This Week on Channel 9*
  • Barry Andrew HallPace What do you see?
    Downloading now Big Smile
  • Christian Liensbergerlittleguru <3 Seattle
    It's still giving me the low-res version, when I click the download button. The full (2 MBit) version can be downloaded from here: http://mschnlnine.vo.llnwd.net/d1/ch9/0/ThisWeekOnC9Mar142008_2MB_ch9.wmv
  • Miguel, hacking is usually done for bad intentions! great show though! 
  • PerfectPhasePerfectPhase "This is not war, this is pest control!" - Dalek to Cyberman
    dcharles wrote:
    Miguel, hacking is usually done for bad intentions! great show though! 


    I remember when to be a computer hacker and 'hacking code' was a good thing.  Bloody mass media strikes again.
  • dcharles wrote:
    Miguel, hacking is usually done for bad intentions! great show though! 


    hacking != cracking Smiley

    The Farseer Physics Engine is awesome! I'm speechless!

Remove this comment

Remove this thread

close

Comments Closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums,
or Contact Us and let us know.