2 plus awesome = The just released netduino plus 2!
- Posted: Nov 09, 2012 at 6:00 AM
- 7,969 Views
- 1 Comment
Loading User Information from Channel 9
Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9
Loading User Information from MSDN
Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN
Loading Visual Studio Achievements
Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements
What can't we get enough of here? What's one of our favorite hardware platforms? What is the latest and shiniest new release? A release that JUST happened yesterday?
Here's a hint from Chris Walker...
2x the RAM, 4x the speed, and 6x the flash of GEN1 Many users have run out of flash/RAM on gen1, so the huge upgrade is going to be pretty big news.
Most Vital Specs
- 168 MHz
- 384KB code space (1MB total flash)
- 100KB+ available RAM (192KB total RAM)
- OneWire support
- Four serial ports (vs. 2 serial ports on gen1)
- Compatibility with even more Arduino shields
- Higher current
- All six core PWMs
- Compatible with new extended Arduino shield form factor
- MiniJTAG – for debugging of native code (side-by-side with C#/VB debugging via USB)
Figured it out yet?
- Windows XP, Vista, or 7 (32 or 64 bit)
Recommended: Windows 7 or 8
- 1.6 GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Up to 3 GB of available hard drive space for Visual Studio Express 2010
design files and source code
design files (open source)
source code (open source)
- .NET Micro Framework v4.2 source
- netduino firmware v4.2.1 source
- netduino sdk v4.2.1 source
Also remember if you want something a bit easier, try the Netduino Go! Or the Gadgeteer boards over at GHI. We love all our hardware vendors providing .Net Microsoft Framework compatible systems. There's hardware for every skill level (even one for a dev like me!... cough... Gadgeteer... cough... Now that's saying something)
Remember when you build something awesome with one of these systems, drop us a line. Thanks and most importantly, have fun!