Xbox Music API
- Posted: Dec 30, 2013 at 6:00 AM
- 12,728 Views
- 3 Comments
Loading User Information from Channel 9
Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9
Loading User Information from MSDN
Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN
Loading Visual Studio Achievements
Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements
As the last post of the year, I'm not going to do a year in review. Not a prediction for the coming year. Not a roll-up of the past year's post. Nope, nope, nope! I'm going to highlight a new API that you can use in the coming year to add some music to your life and app's...
Get the resources you need on MSDN: tutorials, API reference, docs, and more. Learn more
Earn commissions on sales of qualifying music. Join now
Get an API key
Apply now for your free key. Get started
The Xbox Music RESTful API makes it easy for you to connect your app or website to the world of Xbox Music. The RESTful API offers many features and generates useful data that can later be used to increase the value people receive from Xbox Music and your application or website. Here is an overview of what you’ll be able to do:
The Xbox Music Service makes it easy for you to connect your app or website to the world of Xbox Music. The Xbox Music API provides access to RESTful web services that offer many features and generate useful data that can increase the value that people receive from Xbox Music and your application or website.
By using the Xbox Music API, you'll be able to do the following:
- Get the details of an album, an artist, or a track if you know its ID.
- Search for any album, artist, or track details based on a string of keywords—for example, "Madonna hang out".
- Get the top tracks and newest albums of an artist.
- Get a deep link that redirects nicely to the Xbox Music applications, whether on the web, on Windows Phone, on Windows 8, on Windows 8.1, or from some other platform.
- Get album covers.
- Get artist images.
- Become an affiliate and start earning revenue from sales you generate on Xbox Music applications.
In this section
- Getting Started with the Xbox Music API
- Provides a simple, annotated, end-to-end scenario in C# for using the Xbox Music Service.
- Sample Music Client Using .NET
- Provides a simple, end-to-end scenario in C# and .NET for querying the Xbox Music Service for information about an artist.
- Sample Music Client Using Windows Runtime
- Provides a simple, end-to-end scenario in C# for Windows Runtime, for querying the Xbox Music Service for information about an artist.
- Sample Music Client Using PHP
- Provides a simple, end-to-end scenario in PHP, for querying the Xbox Music Service for information about an artist.
- Using the Xbox Music RESTful Services
- Describes how to use the Xbox Music RESTful API.
- Guidelines for Using Xbox Music Badges
- Promoting Xbox Music, including use of the Available on Xbox Music and Play on Xbox Music badges.
- Affiliate Program
- Describes how to work with Xbox Music service affiliates.
- Xbox Music Service REST Reference
- Delivers Xbox Music functionality to third-party application developers
- Developer support for the Xbox Music API
Samples, information and how you can earn a little funds too(via the Affiliate Program)! Now that's the way to end the hear in song...