2 Days 2 Kinect in Dallas (Jan 28 - 29 2012)
- Posted: Dec 21, 2011 at 6:00 AM
- 5,097 Views
In our loosely based Presentation theme week, here's a very inexpensive (currently $31.74) two day Kinect "presentation" for developers...
Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 5:00 PM (CT)
What could you build with the XBox Kinect? Well we want to know!
Connect your Kinect to your PC and build an application using your favorite .NET language.
Kinect for Developers is a 2-day workshop for developers, artists and technicians interested in Kinect hacking or 3D scanning. This hands on workshop will teach you the basics of programming for Kinect and the potentials for developing on video and depth sensor cameras. Expect live demonstrations, presentations, food, and lots of hacking. You can come pitch your idea, form a team, build your application over the weekend and compete for awesome prizes.
Additionally, 2-weeks after the workshop, come back for a fast-pitch to AT&T for a chance to collaborate with the AT&T Foundry. During this 2-week break, developers can continue to work in teams or work on their own Kinect applications. Deadline for submitting your application to fast-pitch to the Foundry is February 8th.
Kinect for Developers is brought to you by Microsoft, AT&T Foundry and Gravity Center.
Tentative Schedule: On Saturday we will focus on getting you up to speed on developing for the Kinect with a series of presentations and hands on labs. On Sunday we will break up into teams and you will have a chance to build an application with the Kinect where help will be available just in case. At the end of the day we will demo what we have worked on. Catered Lunch and snacks will be provided both days.
- Saturday Jan 28 9 AM – 10 AM: Registration, networking, coffee
- Saturday Jan 28 10 AM – 11 AM: Welcome, Kinect Demos from the Community
- Saturday Jan 28 11 AM – Noon: Keynote by Tim Huckaby
- Saturday Jan 28 Noon – 1 PM: Catered Lunch
- Saturday Jan 28 1 PM – 5 PM: Instruction & Hands on labs
- Sunday Jan 29 9 AM – Noon: Build an app with your team with advisors to help you over any rough parts.
- Sunday Jan 29 Noon – 1 PM: Catered Lunch
- Sunday Jan 29 1 PM – 3 PM: Build an app with your team with advisors to help you over any rough parts.
- Sunday Jan 29 3 PM – 5 PM: Demo what you have built
Space is limited less then 25 seats are available, Register Today!