Embedded Kinect [templates available]
- Posted: Jan 17, 2013 at 6:00 AM
- 5,741 Views
Today's project will only really directly interest those with access to Microsoft's Mobile & Embedded Communications Extranet (ECE). Bug even if you don't have access, this also provides a glimpse into what is now possible in the Windows Embedded world...
The following feature updates are now available on ECE:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 template and redistributable installer for Windows Embedded 7 SP1.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 redistributable installer for Windows Embedded POSReady 7.
- Microsoft Kinect for Windows v1.6 template for Windows Embedded 7 SP1.
Microsoft Kinect for Windows v1.6 template allows for the installation of Kinect for Windows Runtime v1.6 on Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1. Highlights of new features supported in v1.6 runtime are:
- .NET Framework 4.5 support
- Accelerometer Data APIs - sensor's accelerometer is now exposed in the API
- Extended Depth Data Is Now Available - provides details beyond 4 meters
- Color Camera Setting APIs - Camera Settings can now be optimized to your environment
- More Control over Decoding- Bayer to RGB conversions on CPU or GPU
- German Language Pack for Speech Recognition
- Infrared Emitter Control API - new API for turning the infrared emitter off.
- Infrared Stream Is Now Exposed in the API