Kinect for Windows Developer Toolkit Updated, v1.5.2 Released
- Posted: Aug 06, 2012 at 6:00 AM
- 5,542 Views
- 2 Comments
Loading User Information from Channel 9
Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9
Loading User Information from MSDN
Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN
Loading Visual Studio Achievements
Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements
We’re pleased to announce the release of Developer Toolkit update v1.5.2, which includes:
- WPFD3Dinterop. This new sample demonstrates DirectX 11 interoperability with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), which enables powerful DirectX rendering composed with quicker-to-develop WPF user interfaces.
- Improved Kinect Studio playback. We’ve fixed a known issue from version 1.5.1 of Kinect Studio to ensure that depth-to-color mapping works properly, even if you play an XED clip on a machine without the identical Kinect sensor that recorded it.
If you have already installed the Kinect for Windows SDK, simply download the new v1.5.2 Developer Toolkit Update. If you are new to Kinect for Windows, download both the Kinect for Windows SDK v1.5 and the Developer Toolkit v1.5.2.
Project Download URL: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/develop/developer-downloads.aspx
Make sure you also check out the Release Notes (bulleted below, click through for the details);
- New Interoperability Sample
Software Development Kit (SDK)
- SkeletonFrame.TrackingMode property is reserved for future use
- Do Not Use INuiSensor::NuiUniqueId or KinectSensor.UniqueKinectId
- Call KinectSensor.Start and KinectSensor.Stop after sensor transitions in
- KinectSensorCollection.StatusChanged events
- Calls to KinectSensor.Map and DepthImageFrame.Map may fail if you called KinectSensor.Stop already or removed the sensor while the application is running
- Call SetDeviceStatusCallback before calling NuiInitialize or NuiShutdown.
- Call NuiSetDeviceStatusCallback before invoking multiple calls to either NuiInitialize or NuiShutdown.
- USB host controller compatibility
- Number and date normalization in Kinect for Windows Speech Grammars
- Audio is not processed if skeleton stream is enabled after starting audio capture
Developer Toolkit (DTK)
- Installation of the DirectX SDK (June 2010) fails if installed after the Kinect for Windows SDK
- Building an application targeting .NET 4.5 is not supported