Loading Visual Studio Achievements

Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements

• Oops, something didn't work.

Getting "follow" information
    Start following this thread
    Removing your "follow"
    Setting up your "follow"

-----

"listening to music while in direct sunlight"?

More comments at the Guardian

• Scottspivonious

Yeah I read about this. It's supposed to operate in an environment no hotter than 95F. Apparently Apple doesn't think people will use their phones outside in the summer.

• Ray7Ray7

spivonious said:

Yeah I read about this. It's supposed to operate in an environment no hotter than 95F. Apparently Apple doesn't think people will use their phones outside in the summer.

Yes, being unable to listen to music in direct sunlight would be a bit of a deal-breaker for me.

• ManipManipUni

Ray7 said:
    spivonious said:
    *snip*

Yes, being unable to listen to music in direct sunlight would be a bit of a deal-breaker for me.

Then put it in your pocket?

• Sven GrootSven Groot Don't worry... I'm a doctor.

Reminds me of the old gameboys whose screen would go all wonky when left in the sun.

Maybe Apple were trying to market this phone to vampires? They usually don't mind staying out of direct sunlight.

I haven't seen this yet on my 3G, but we'll see what happens in the summer when temperatures in Tokyo often top 40 degrees.

• Ray7Ray7

ManipUni said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*

but then I can't see the music controls.

And I have even been known to sit out in the park watching music videos.

• Ray7Ray7

Sven Groot said:

Reminds me of the old gameboys whose screen would go all wonky when left in the sun.

Maybe Apple were trying to market this phone to vampires? They usually don't mind staying out of direct sunlight.

I haven't seen this yet on my 3G, but we'll see what happens in the summer when temperatures in Tokyo often top 40 degrees.

There have been reports of the white ones becoming discoloured, but no-one's sure if it's a wide spread problem, or just the internet echo chamber. Probably worth following Apple's recommendations though; you might be tested on them if you need to take it back.

• rhmrhm

ManipUni said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*

Surely it's hotter in your pocket? I had my old HTC TyTN comprehensively fail due to being in my pocket on a hot day.  After it cooled down a bit and I removed and replaced the battery it recovered.

Anyway, I've not seen the warning with my iPhone and it's been pretty hot here this week. Not darft enough to leave in my car though Smiley

• Ray7Ray7

rhm said:
    ManipUni said:
    *snip*

Surely it's hotter in your pocket? I had my old HTC TyTN comprehensively fail due to being in my pocket on a hot day.  After it cooled down a bit and I removed and replaced the battery it recovered.

Anyway, I've not seen the warning with my iPhone and it's been pretty hot here this week. Not darft enough to leave in my car though Smiley

I wonder if that would depend on the colour of your trousers? If you're wearing light coloured pants then it might be cooler in your pocket; dark pants might be a problem.

I'm just guessing though.

• stevo_stevo_ Human after all

rhm said:
    ManipUni said:
    *snip*

"Don't listen to music in the sun".. if only there was an apple for apple, they would be ripping the living sh-t out of the crap they say..

• Ray7Ray7

stevo_ said:
    rhm said:
    *snip*

"Don't listen to music in the sun".. if only there was an apple for apple, they would be ripping the living sh-t out of the crap they say..

All they have to do is brand 'listening to music in the refrigerator' as the new cool.

The new Apple iIce – because sunlight is so yesterday.

• JohnAskewJohnAskew 9 girl in pink sweater

Ray7 said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*

All they have to do is brand 'listening to music in the refrigerator' as the new cool.

The new Apple iIce – because sunlight is so yesterday.

I knew I would never be cool enough for an iPhone....

Is c9 fucked?

stevo_ said:

Is c9 fucked?

aparently not.. just cant comment on the stock exchange thread..

• magicalclickmagicalclick C9 slogan, #dealwithit. WinPh8.1 IE empty tab crash and removable video control edition.

stevo_ said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*

aparently not.. just cant comment on the stock exchange thread..

C9 is always *ed.

Anyway, dang my bro just bought the new one for his friend oversea. They are in for a big surprise.

• BassBass Knows the way the wind is flowing.

magicalclick said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*

C9 is always *ed.

Anyway, dang my bro just bought the new one for his friend oversea. They are in for a big surprise.

Just a test

fffff

Bass said:
    magicalclick said:
    *snip*

Just a test

test

Edit: Hmm, seems to have been fixed?

• Thread Closed

This thread is kinda stale and has been closed but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums,
    or Contact Us and let us know.