Rick Claus interviews Josh Heller, Senior Product Manager, at MMS 2012 about Dynamic Access Control in Windows Server 2012 and shows us some demos of the product.
In this interview you'll learn:
- What does Dynamic Access Control (DAC) do?
- How does it relate to NTFS permissions?
- Can DAC be retro-fitted for existing environments or does it need to be net new?
- How are the permissions dynamically applied to the files and shares?
- How can we automatically classify information for the files?
- What are the enhancements made from File Classification Infrastructure in Windows Server 2008 R2?
Josh gives us a demo of Dynamic Access Control showing someone accessing a file share she doesn't have access to and then in a new streamlined way gain access to the file share.
We also see some of the administrative back end of how some parts of DAC are configured.
Watch the rest of the Edge Show interviews at MMS 2012
Watch weekly news and technical interviews for IT Professionals on The Edge Show.
Learn more about Dynamic Access Control
Reach out and comment/connect via Twitter: @tnedge or #mms2012