Near Field Communication (NFC) with Windows Phone 8
- Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM
- 2,281 Views
Right click “Save as…”
This is a recording from an MSDN webcast on February 19, 2013.
Near-Field-Communication is a technology that has been around for a while but only recently started finding its way onto mobile phones. Microsoft introduced NFC support in Windows Phone allowing developers to leverage this impressive and cheap technology. In this session Nico Vermeir will explain you all about what makes NFC tags tick and how you leverage them in your Windows Phone 8 applications. Learn how to read and write tags, launch apps from a tag and pass parameters to your app.
Download the slides.
- Demo project presented by Nico during the webcast: http://sdrv.ms/139UV6U
- Download the Windows Phone SDK.
- Have a look at the next events we have planned for developers in Belgium: http://msdn-events.be
- Belgian app builders: discover your new home: http://msdn.be/apps AKA the Apps on Windows portal.