In this interview at TechEd Europe 2012 Symon Perriman talks with Matt McSpirit, Senior Marketing Manager on the Windows Server Marketing team, about some of the different ways to manage multiple hypervisors, including VMware & Citrix, from System Center 2012. Learn how Virtual Machine Manager, App Controller, Operations Manager and Orchestrator can all support VMware.
- [00:05] What is Matt's job and role?
- [00:40] What does multi-hypervisor management really mean?
- [01:16] What Citrix management capabilities does System Center 2012 support?
- [02:05] What VMware management capabilities does System Center 2012 support?
- [02:55] What are the benefits to the IT Professional of being able to manage different types of environments from a single console?
- [03:55] What is "dynamic optimization" and how does it interact with other hypervisors?
- [05:10] What is the difference between dynamic optimization and Performance and Resource Optimization (PRO)?
- [06:40] Do we still need vCenter in the environment and which version do we support?
- [08:00] When will we support the latest version of vCenter?
- [08:50] What is System Center 2012 App Controller and how does it manage VMware?
- [10:55] How does Operations Manager monitor VMware?
- [12:00] What is System Center 2012 Orchestrator and how does it manage VMware?
- Demo [14:05] VMware management from System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager
- [17:10] Where can the audience go to learn more?
Watch weekly news and technical interviews for IT Professionals on The Edge Show or see the rest of the Channel 9 Live Coverage of TechEd Europe.
Connect with the Edge Team:
Facebook – Twitter