Download this episode
While you're working hard with today's technologies, you need to stay abreast of tomorrow's innovations. On this episode of the AlignIT Manager Tech Talk, Ruth Morton and Jonathan Rozenblit chat with Sam Guckenheimer, the man who wrote the book on Agile and Visual Studio, about how development teams can optimize Application Lifecycle Management, utilize advanced methods to deliver higher-value software faster, and systematically eliminate waste and inefficiency throughout the entire development lifecycle.
The discussion centers around around concepts discussed in Sam's latest book, Agile Software Engineering with Visual Studio: From Concept to Continuous Feedback including, but not limited to:
- Empowering and engaging multidisciplinary self-managing teams
- Overcoming causes of software waste, missed schedules, and poor quality
- Reengineering development to remove overhead: make individuals more productive and empower high-performance teams
Featured Guest: Sam Guckenheimer
Sam has 28 years of experience as an architect, developer, tester, product manager, project manager, and general manager in the software industry in the US and Europe. Currently, Sam is the Group Product Planner for Microsoft Visual Studio. In this capacity, he acts as chief customer advocate, responsible for the end-to-end external design of the next releases of Visual Studio. Prior to joining Microsoft in 2003, Sam was Director of Product Line Strategy at Rational Software Corporation, now the Rational Division of IBM. He holds five patents on software lifecycle tools. A frequent speaker at industry conferences, Sam has guest lectured at Florida Tech, MIT, Harvard, and Yale. Sam is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Harvard University.
AlignIT Manager Tech Talk Podcast
This episode is also available as a podcast.
Want more IT manager audio podcasts? Subscribe to the Align IT: IT Manager Podcast Series >>
- ALM Webcast Series: Microsoft invites you to participate in a five part webcast series designed to help you explore opportunities to minimize development costs within tight timelines while remaining agile throughout software development and test cycles.
- Managing Complexity with Process, People, and Tools: Development teams are constantly challenged to deliver highly secure, quality software in an environment of growing business demand and quick time-to-market. Development managers are taking a more holistic approach to software development to help create an efficient and effective development process.
- Delivering High Quality Software Through Agile: Delivering high quality software is a risky undertaking. Development and Quality Assurance managers are in a tight partnership over the war against software bugs. Software quality issues not only delay the time to market for a solution while increasing costs, but they also delay the subsequent benefits to the business.
- Unify Your ALM Platform: A shared collaboration infrastructure based on Visual Studio Team Foundation Server can help teams break down barriers and deliver value to the customer while leveraging earlier tool investments.
- Magic Quadrant for Integrated Software Quality Suites: See why Microsoft and its application lifecycle management platform are viewed as "Visionary" in this Gartner report.
About AlignIT Manager Tech Talk
The AlignIT Manager Talk is a monthly live streamed video series hosted by Ruth Morton (LinkedIn) and Jonathan Rozenblit (LinkedIn). Each Tech Talk episode airs on the 2nd Thursday of the month from 12:00pm to 12:30pm EST. The show focuses on a range of topics for both infrastructure and development managers and is interactive, taking questions via a live chat and providing answers on air.
The Align IT program is dedicated to keeping IT leaders informed about what really matters in business and technology. We do that through in-person events, web casts, our blog and of course, this Manager Tech Talk series. You can find more information about the Align IT program at www.alignit.ca.
Comments, suggestions and ideas for future topics can be left below as a comment or emailed directly to the Align IT program feedback alias at email@example.com.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.