The following is a guest post by Tetiana Fydorenchyk, Director of Marketing at Jelastic, which provides a cloud platform for container orchestration with entire freedom of choice from technology to vendor and an advanced level of DevOps workload mobility.
With multi-region support within different data centers and clouds, Jelastic offers a hybrid cloud solution with advanced automation for certified containers. The intended outcome is the ability to distribute various companies' workloads in a variety of regions, within one hybrid cloud.
The multi-region feature makes cloud hosting universal by aggregating and orchestrating various types of hardware, IaaS and third-party cloud tools within a single Jelastic installation. Such an approach doubles efficiency by ensuring extra distribution possibilities for both hosting service providers/ISV companies and their customers. It allows the first group to grow locally and also conquer the remote market and gives the second group impressive flexibility in application life cycle management and smart organization of the dissemination policy.
Jelastic has already integrated with Microsoft Azure, enabling ISVs, hosting providers or enterprise customers to allocate extra regions using the Azure Marketplace. As a result, Jelastic Hybrid Cloud is available with the following benefits:
- Expand hosting business to more countries by selling resources from many data centers (19 compute regions of Azure).
- Burst to Azure in case of temporary applications' load spikes or when additional computing power is needed.
- Disaster recovery using Azure.
- Backup to Azure.
- Allocate a dedicated region for a particular type of user (e.g. for enterprise clients separately).
- Ability to migrate the projects among different regions, depending on the current development stage.
To reveal in more detail how your desired hybrid cloud can be implemented, follow these step-by-step instructions to easily add extra Azure regions to your Jelastic cluster.