The following guest post, by Bob Bedard, President/CEO of deFacto, describes how deFacto leverages the power of Microsoft Azure to offer business modeling and planning services.
Just as Microsoft Azure brings next-generation modes of IT to businesses of all sizes, deFacto is bringing the next generation of business modeling and planning to the Azure cloud. deFacto puts the power of intelligent and timely decision-making, planning, and execution at the fingertips of any business manager.
Computer modeling and simulation have been used in areas like weather prediction, econometrics, financial engineering, and even space travel. deFacto has harnessed and packaged this same capability so business managers can quickly and easily solve even the most challenging forecasting and planning problems.
Using deFacto's Business Modeler, line-of-business managers can develop a model of their business, then use driver-based tools, including what-if analysis, scenarios assessment, budgeting, and forecasting, to evaluate the financial and operational impact of any set of business decisions or strategy, set goals, and execute and manage their performance.
deFacto Azure is constituted of a base platform hosted on Azure, with a multitude of downloadable applications that run on the platform. Users can obtain or contribute deFacto models or apps in online marketplaces. The components of the deFacto platform include:
- Business Modeler Platform — the base system that enables business users to build and maintain models, store data, manage security, and integrate data sources.
- Models — loadable model applications that run on the platform to accelerate the deployment of planning solutions in virtually any area of finance or business operations.
- Model Exchange — an open marketplace where customers, partners, and deFacto can obtain or contribute branded model applications or accelerator models that can be customized or deployed as-is.
The deFacto solution is based 100% on open Microsoft technology for maximum flexibility and utility:
- Native Excel, web, mobile, and BI interfaces give business users access to the full capabilities of deFacto anytime, anywhere, in a way that best meets their needs.
- SQL Server's relational and multi-dimensional database capabilities, in conjunction with in-memory and columnar data storage, deliver the most powerful, scalable, and intelligent capabilities available.
deFacto can be deployed as an on-premises, public cloud, private cloud, or hybrid cloud solution, so customers can seamlessly move between infrastructure configurations to best suit their needs.
If you are attending Microsoft Ignite next month, be sure to visit deFacto at Booth #209 to see firsthand how deFacto is working hand-in-hand with Microsoft to bring financial analytics into the future, both on-premises and in the Azure cloud. To learn more about deFacto's groundbreaking solution, read our whitepaper.
deFacto Business Modeler is now Azure certified and available in the Azure Marketplace. Give it a try today!