Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) is an extremely robust, extensible and configurable application lifecycle management tool that facilitates good DevOps practices within your organization.
You may have heard of the capabilities of VSTS (or TFS) but you may not have seen an end-to-end demo of the capabilities. In this session, you will see a full demo of its capabilities, from Requirements to Development, Automated Build, Automated Deployment, Testing and Monitoring/Telemetry.
Below are the resources that were highlighted in the presentation (and where the are shown in the video, if applicable):
- VSTS Service Marketing Page
- Work Planning and Tracking [00:03:50]
- Developer Productivity [00:17:07]
- Continuous Delivery [00:30:27] (production deployment is at [00:57:17])
- Testing [00:43:02] (load testing is at [01:03:07])
- Monitoring and Telemetry [01:05:53]
One thing to note here is that although the demo uses VSTS, the experience and functionality that is shown would be similar or identical if you were using TFS 2017.