Last Week on Channel 9: January 5th - January 11th, 2015
New year, new content! Everyone seems to be back a work and are churning out posts left and right! Here's 12, selected from a bunch of additional great posts...
- TWC9: Hello 2015, Greg and Nisha too!
This week on Channel 9, Greg and Nisha discuss the week's top developer news, including;
- [01:55] Creating Developer Opportunity with Windows Store in 2015 [Todd Brix]
- [03:45] [VSO] Build & Load Test pricing changes are in effect [Brian Harry]
- Inside Windows Platform | How to Add Push Notifications to Your App
In this video, Shen chatted with Yavor Georgiev from the Azure team about how easy it is to add push notifications to your Windows app, using Azure Mobile Services.
Why would you want to use Azure? Well, if you haven't built push notifications before, you may not be aware that even though there is the Windows Notification Service in the cloud handling all of the addressing of your messages, you still have to provide some kind of additional server based functionality in order to provide users notifications based on some kind of cloud based conditional occurrence.
- Testing in Production with Jaime Espinosa
Join your guide Cory Fowler as he talks to the product teams in Redmond as well as the web community.
This week Cory is joined by Jaime Espinosa, a PM from the Azure Websites team, to talk about some improvements and road map items around the Testing in Production feature. Testing in Production is a powerful feature which enables you to route production site traffic to another deployment of your application in another site slot.
- Community Contributions to Azure with Guy Burstein
Guy Burstein talks with Scott about community contributions to Azure SDK's and documentation, and shows the new and simplified process for signing contribution license agreements.
- Release Management Service
In Edge Show episode 121, learn more about Microsoft's new public preview of release management service connected to Visual Studio Online (VSO) and see demos of it in action with Claude Remillard, Principal Group Program Manager at Microsoft.
More specifically at [00:46], we cover:
- Claude's role and background
- [01:30] What does Microsoft Visual Studio Release Management do?
- [05:20] What are the differences between the on-premises Release Management product and Release Management as a service? What are some of the futures enhancements planned for the Release Management service?
- Azure Key Vault - Developer Quick Start
This video shows you how to create your own key vault and how to use it from the 'Hello Key Vault' sample application.
- 3D Builder Tutorial Part 2: Transforming and printing your first 3D object
In this second tutorial video we will cover basic object transforms - how to move, rotate and resize 3D objects. We will also go through all the options of the file mode and see how anyone can print a 3D object from a connected 3D printer or by ordering a print from the "Buy Print" option.
- SQL Server Compact and SQLite Toolbox
In this episode, Robert is joined by Erik Ejlskov Jensen, author of the SQL Server Compact & SQLite Toolbox extension for Visual Studio. This extension adds several features to help your embedded database development efforts, including scripting of tables and data, imports from SQL Server and CSV files and more. In this episode, we focus on using this with SQLite. Check out Erik's blog for more information on the tool's features.
- Test Planning with Test Hub on Visual Studio Online
Learn how to plan your test activities for a sprint. Find out how simple it's organize tests to track quality for user stories and to manage regression test coverage.
- Making the Internet of Things - (Part 3) Exploring the Littoral Space
In Part 3 of his IoT series, Sam Stokes looks into how you can log and store your data collection for your Arduino device. Tune in as he demos for us how he utilizes Visual Studio for this task as well as describes what kind of data should be gathered as he measures water temperature, clarity and the conductivity of wet sand.
- Customizing OneDrive for Business sites with app model
Demonstration for so called hidden app part model for customizing OneDrive for Business sites automatically in the Office 365. This video is based on following contribution in the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices, which was part of the January 2015 release.
- Defrag Tools #122 - DebugDiag Part 2
In this episode of Defrag Tools, Wade Mascia joins Andrew Richards and Chad Beeder to discuss the debugging analysis tool, DebugDiag. In part 2 of this 4 part series, we continue delving in to the features of DebugDiag.
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.