Last Week on Channel 9: July 25th - July 31st, 2016
Hopefully the new Channel 9 Studio will open soon, so our authors don't have to continue to jump though a number of hoops to bring you their great content...
Speaking of content, here are a select 16 shows, episodes, videos and posts from last week, here on Channel 9.
- The Maker Show: Episode 21 - Building an iOS app for your Garage
- In this episode of The Maker Show, we'll make an internet-connected garage app, GarageOS. We'll start by controlling the doors remotely using a relay and a Particle Photon. Then, we'll build a way to read if the door is open or closed with a magnetic reed switch. Third, we'll build a way to measure parking distance for cars parking in the garage with an ultrasonic ping sensor. This way you don't need to hang a tennis ball in your garage! Finally, we'll wrap it all up in an iOS app using Swift, so we can control our garage and know what's going on from anywhere on the planet. ...
- Episode 115: .Net Core with Scott Hunter
We talk with Scott Hunter about the amazing things going on with .NET core and ASP.NET. Different ways to bounce a ball on the web. Spell check in Electron apps. And tabs are significantly slower than spaces in Firefox. ...
- 2016-07-28 | Demystifying the Cloud: How the Hybrid Cloud Can Help Make Your Business More Secure
With the shift to the cloud, how do you ensure you retain control of your data? Security, compliance and privacy are all paramount to making the most of leveraging the cloud.
In this webcast, viewers will learn: ...
- TWC9: //oneweek, Imagine Cup, Stack Overflow Doc's, Unreal for UWP, Python and more...
This week on Channel 9, Nikola and Vlad discuss the week's top developer news, including;
- [01:01] //oneweek 2016 kicks off with Hackathon and bright ideas [Suzanne Choney] ...
- 79 - Puffed Boat Rash
It's time for another LiveStream Episode of the Patch and Switch show!!! Two IT guys (Patch and Switch) who are talking about whatever comes up. Can you say Tangent! Ultimately it's the Chat Room where everyone hangs out and contributes to the show, so make sure to load it up during the LiveStream! ...
- The Road to the Imagine Cup Championship
DX Student Technical Evangelist Gavin Gear and Imagine Cup Competition Manager Pablo Veramendi discuss the winners of the Games, Innovation and World Citizenship competitions, highlights of the MSP Summit and tomorrow's much anticipated Imagine Cup Championship.
- ASP.NET Monsters #53: Web API with Guest Eric Fleming
Controller from both MVC and Web API have been merged into the same code base, so creating APIs are even easier and as lightweight as we'd like (or as feature-rich as we need).
Authentication and authorization work well, but we have to be aware of the pitfalls and the different contexts under which we may be exposing our APIs to the outside world. In this episode, guest Monster Eric Fleming cracks open a new API controller and starts returning some data, then we dive in to see how basic security only stands up to basic attacks. ...
- Join our FREE Live Webinar! How Microsoft IT reduced third-party software spending using Power BI and System Center
Patrick Graff, Senior IT Service Manager with the Software Licensing Service, shares how Microsoft IT cut costs by using data analytics and System Center to understand, analyze, and report on third-party software within Microsoft. Learn how Microsoft IT developed the infrastructure, processes, and reporting to effectively manage, control, and use third-party software licenses within the company. ...
- Access Kung-Fu
Part 4 of a 4-part Access series. Microsoft MVPs Juan and Andy present on tips and tricks to help speed up development. This session includes information on how to better utilize the immediate window, a tip on using Tags within forms, a great way to remember where you left off when writing code, ways to store code for use in other databases, understanding declarations/variables and much more. Juan Soto owns IT Impact (Illinois) and Andy Tabisz owns WorkSmart Database Masters (Michigan).
- Office Dev Show - Episode 39 - OneNote APIs in the Microsoft Graph
I this episode of the Office Dev Show, Richard explores the OneNote APIs in the Microsoft Graph. They allow developers to manipulate OneNote notebooks, sections, pages, and more! At the time of this post, the OneNote APIs were in the beta endpoint of the Microsoft Graph, so reference the documentation to validate before developing against. ...
- Exploring the Azure Service Profiler
Seth Juarez talks to Chuck Weininger and Vance Morrison about the power of Azure Service Profiler. It can help you debug performance problems for many different Azure workloads, but they specifically demonstrate how to get it working for Azure Web Apps.
- Xamarin.Forms: an introduction to plugins
This video provides a brief introduction to plugins for Xamarin.Forms, what they are and where you can find it. In later videos, you will get practical examples about implementing and using plugins to write shared code, instead of platform-specific code for common tasks
- Power BI Embedded with Josh Caplan
In this video I had the privilege of getting a demo of the newest features of Power BI Embedded with Josh Caplan. He essentially takes me through the journey of creating a powerful data visualization with Power BI all the way to embedding it into your own application. It is a pretty cool technology I think you will enjoy. ...
- 3D Printing with Windows 10 and i.materialise
Today, we are proud to announce integration with the i.materialise online 3D printing service in Windows 10.
Microsoft always works to make new technologies rapidly available to everyone. Through i.materialise, every Windows 10 user has access to a 3D printer. Not just any 3D printer, but a virtual factory of professional grade, industrial machines. ...
- B-roll: Microsoft Store Events and Workshops
Intended for broadcast journalists, this broadcast quality footage highlights the Microsoft Store's free in-store events and workshops.
- B-roll: Welcome to Microsoft Store
Intended for broadcast journalists, this broadcast quality footage showcases Microsoft Store.
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.