Last Week on Channel 9: June 29th - July 5th, 2015
Even with a quite week due to the July 4th holiday here in the States, we still have 18 sessions for you to check out...
- Technology and Friends: Episode 352: Josh Holmes on Nitrogen
Josh Holmes describes Project Nitrogen - a framework that helps maintain data retrieved from hardware devices and stored in the cloud.
- Intro to Machine Learning with Seth Juarez
Channel 9's own Seth Juarez comes to lay down the knowledge and get Scott up to speed on Azure Machine Learning 101.
- TWC9: Visual Studio 2015 Release Date, Windows 10, Open WWT, Maker.js and more
This week on Channel 9, Jeremy and guest host Greg Bulmash discuss the week's top developer news, including;
- Technology and Friends, Episode 351: Jeff Fritz on ASP.NET 5
Jeff Fritz describes features in the upcoming release of ASP.NET.
- Let’s code! Build a custom progress ring in Windows XAML
There are several controls that ship for free in the Visual Studio XAML toolbox. One of them is the ProgressRing, a neat, animated ring of dots that goes round and round and round. Developers use the ProgressRing to indicate to the user that something is working, loading, or just doing something where the user should wait.
But what if you wanted to do more without splitting the atom? Could you build your own, custom progress in that super-charges the branding of your Windows app? ..
- TechNet Radio: (Part 23) Building Your Hybrid Cloud - Azure Key Vault
Continuing their data protection through encryption episodes in their "Build Your Cloud" series, Keith Mayer and Andy Syrewicze explore Azure Key Vault, a new feature found in Azure that increases security and control over keys and passwords used in cloud apps and services.
- GoingNative 39: await/coroutines
In today's long-awaited episode (bahaha), returning GoingNative guest Gor Nishanov talks about how you can take advantage of await/co-routines to do your own asynchronous programming (and more!) with speed and ease!
[00:50] - Meet Gor (again =P) ...
- CodeChat 029 - On Simplifying Cloud DevOps with Paul Allen
Paul and his team at CloudCoreo have an ambitious goal and an awesome product.
The goal - to make dev ops for cloud solutions simple and collaborative. What if the entire description of your architecture were stored in a GitHub repository, you could choose for it to be either public or private, and your whole team could easily contribute changes and maintain a history of changes? ..
- TV Everywhere and Scalable Azure Platform Simplify Video Encoding
TV Everywhere's Vidcoding solution encodes video that works across a wide range of devices and platforms. Vidcoding simplifies the encoding process, which can be highly complex, while also meeting the challenges that scaling can present. ..
- Tuesdays with Corey: Nano Coolness with Jeffrey Snover
Corey Sanders, Director of Program Management on the Windows Azure IaaS team meets up with the man, the myth, the legend - Jeffrey Snover and talks about Nano Server. ...
- Introduction to PowerShell Desired State Configuration
During this video, we will introduce the PowerShell "configuration" keyword, which enables us to build declarative configuration documents that will help us to declare our "infrastructure as code." Once we build a basic DSC configuration document, we will invoke it to generate the MOF files, and then deploy the DSC MOF files to the local system. ..
- Community Corner: An Interview with Javier Dutan, CEO of Sabor - Restaurant Point of Sale for Windows Tablets
James Quick welcomes Javier Dutan, CEO of Sabor, a Restaurant Point of Sale System built for Windows tablets. Listen in as he provides us with a brief demo of his company, demos his solution as well as discusses how he uses Microsoft Azure and the BizSpark program. ...
- Nepal Earthquake 2015 MIC Supports Relief with HumanTrafficking Prevention App
- After the devastating earthquake hit Nepal in April 2015 The Microsoft Innovation Canter in Kathmandu realized that it needed to support recovery in many ways.Protecting vulnerable people whose lives have been upended became a quick priority. Utilizing an Appathon the MIC was able to quickly develop an app that can track people and stop human traffickers from taking advantage of this tragedy. ...
- Walk, Surf, and Charge All at Once with Walkway, Powered by Azure
Why pick between exercise and productivity when both are possible? Walkway, powered by Azure and a Windows 8.1 app, enables people to walk at a workstation while surfing the Internet and charging devices. ...
- Ping 246: Hoverboards, Xbox Gold, HoloLens in space
Welcome back to Ping! We talk about the return of robot combat return to television, we chat about a one-way ticket to Mars on the space desk, and more stories that 'softies are pinging each other about...
- Dundas Seamlessly Integrates with Azure, Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Dundas Data Visualization, Inc., a global provider of business intelligence and data visualization solutions, announced Dundas BI – its customizable dashboard, reporting and visual analytics software – is now available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. With a browser-based and consistent user experience across any data source and on any device, Dundas BI makes it easy and quick for users to access, analyze and visualize their data. ...
- Defrag Tools: #131 - Windows 10 SDK
In this episode of Defrag Tools, Andrew Richards and Chad Beeder walk you through the download of the Windows 10 SDK and the latest Sysinternals tools. We harvest the Debugging Tools for Windows, Windows Performance Toolkit, and Application Verifier files from the SDK. ...
- Installing TFS 2015 - A quick walkthrough
In this short video you will see how you can easily install Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2015 in a single server configuration.
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.