I think it's pretty clear what last week's primary focus was, conferences! Here are 39 shows, episodes, posts and videos from last week
- It’s time to choose your General Session!
Picture this: It's Monday, September 26—the first day of Microsoft Ignite. Maybe you're in Atlanta. Maybe you're watching the live stream online and vowing to attend in person next year. Either way, you just saw Scott Guthrie's keynote and you're still reeling from the demos.
But 11:00 AM is approaching, which means you have a decision to make: Which of the eight General Sessions will you attend? You can't choose wrong—and you can always watch the others later on demand. But... which one will you watch live? Here are some details that might help you decide where you want to put your focus on Day 1. ...
- This Week on Windows: Destination Mars, Forza Horizon 3, Fall TV and More!
This Week on Windows: We travel to Mars and back with the latest from HoloLens, it's time for the best in fall TV and we know just the place to find it all and we're gonna show you how to get incredible pictures direct to your lock screen.
- TWC9: Igniting Windows 10 Insiders, MIDI, Spatial Audio and Laser Drone Space Invaders...
This week on Channel 9, Nikola and Vlad discuss the week's top developer news, including;
- Drone Coding - First Steps with DJI SDK
Welcome to the first episode of the Drones Garage Show, a showcase produced by the Drones Chapter of the Microsoft Garage. Our goal is to create a community of people excited about drones and their possibilities. We will explore many aspects of working with drones including FPV racing, aerial photography, and programming. In this episode, Guada Casuso has Divya on the show to talk about getting started with coding for drones. Discussing the main players in the market and how to get up and going with a project on the DJI platform.
- Episode 214: Hockey App and Azure App Insights with Evgeny Ternovsky and Josh Weber
In this episode Chris Risner and Haishi Bai are joined by Evgeny Ternovsky and Joshua Weber, Program Managers on the HockeyApp and Application Insights teams. Joshua starts by going over the basics of HockeyApp and the features it provides including: beta app distribution, crash reporting, user feedback, user tracking, and application metrics. With the quick addition of a client side SDK, you're able to start gathering metrics on your applications whether they are in testing or if you've released them into production. After taking a spin through the HockeyApp features, Joshua walks through ...
- Episode 41 - MS Ingite Update live from Atlanta
In this episode of Interview with an MVP your hosts, Dave Kawula and Clint Wyckoff discuss their plans for Microsoft Ignite #MSIgnite. They were lucky enough to get some time in the #veeamlive studio for this episode. ...
- James McCaffrey and Richard Campbell talk about R and Machine Learning at DEV Intersection CountDown show
One of the fastest growing areas in software and IT is the integration machine learning into systems. James McCaffrey from Microsoft Research will present an overview of machine learning, with an emphasis on the R language and Microsoft's new R Server, at DEV intersection, October 25-29 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Register today for the conference and one of the many workshops and you can receive your choice of the new XBOX ONE S, Surface 3 or an MS Band 2...
- Azure Stack vision
This brief introductory video about Azure Stack helps you envision the application innovation possibilities that Azure and Azure Stack open up for your organization.
- Microsoft IIS Administration- A new way to manage IIS
- Microsoft IIS. Administration is a Windows service that exposes a RESTful API for managing IIS.This API exposes the underlying IIS configuration system and can be consumed from any client capable of making web requests. ...
- When Documentation Attacks
Leaking sensitive information in documentation happens to just about everyone. For today's video, let's use Microsoft's MSDN and the GPO AES private key leak (MS14-025). One slip in documentation and -- bam! -- an attack occurs. Be careful. No pressure.
- Azure Functions and the evolution of web jobs
Chris Anderson with Azure functions and getting started. No more scaling.
- Windows Server 2016: Credential Theft Mitigation Features
Lex Thomas welcomes back Brantley Whitley to the show as they discuss the new Credential Theft Mitigation Features found in Windows Server 2016. Learn how you can use the new Active Directory Domain Services features to improve your organization’s ability to secure Active Directory environments. ...
- Azure Resiliency Introduction
We know uptime is extremely critical to our customer's success. This brief video includes product marketing, program management, and one of our customers talking about the importance of uptime and resiliency on Azure. Come learn about why we take resiliency so seriously, and hear about the success we are helping our customers achieve using Azure.
- ASP.NET Monsters Ep #68: Creating Custom Conventions for ASP.NET Core MVC
In this episode we examine the way that MVC activates components using a set of default conventions, and we add a new convention that modifies the available actions available at runtime. ...
- Giorgio Sardo and Richard Campbell talk Emerging Experiences at DEV intersection Fall Count Down Show #7
What are the emerging experiences of modern software? There's more to it than Hololens! Giorgio Sardo talks about the huge diversity of input devices and new ways to think about how software can interact with users. Machine learning is a key part of the emerging experiences and Microsoft is making it simpler to use. ...
- Patch and Switch - Bringing back the Value
Patch and Switch are on the Road to Ignite! In this episode we thought we'd share some of our ideas on "Bringing the Value of Ignite BACK to your workplace". ...
- Get started with Azure Functions
Learn how to use the new Azure Functions serverless architecture
- Patch and Switch - Keynote viewing Options
Patch and Switch are on the Road to Ignite! In this episode we thought we'd share some really cool options for watching the Day One Keynotes! ...
- The Xamarin Show 3: Xamarin.Forms Performance Tips and Tricks
On this weeks The Xamarin Show we take a look at some top tips and tricks to create highly performance mobile applications with Xamarin.Forms. We take a look at some of the latest features built right into Xamarin.Forms that can dramatically increase an app performance across all platforms. Then we see how to simplify view hierarchies and optimize list of data with Template Selector. ..
- PowerShell Tools for Visual Studio 2015
In this episode, Robert is joined by Adam Driscoll, author of the very popular PowerShell Tools for Visual Studio. This extension is a set of tools for developing and debugging PowerShell scripts and modules in Visual Studio. With this extension, you can edit, run and debug PowerShell scripts while leveraging Visual Studio's editor and debugging tools.
- Just Enough and Just in Time Administration in Windows Server 2016
Just Enough and Just in Time Administration allows organizations to only give administration credentials when needed for a finite time.
- Contributing to MSDN and TechNet Documentation
You may have noticed that there is a contribute link on some of the MSDN and TechNet documentation. This new feature lets you contribute to the documentation. Watch the video to learn how you can edit and collaborate with Microsoft on technical docs. ...
- Sender Policy Framework (SPF)
Where to deploy SPF with email, how to bypass SPF when phishing, and why we still need security culture.
- Adding In-App Purchases to Your UWP App
In-app purchases help you monetize your app by enticing users with new and fresh content. This video will explain how to include and test in-app purchases using the Windows.Services.Store namespace. Learn more about monetizing your app at https://aka.ms/MonetizeYourApp. For full source code to the Coloring Book sample, go to https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-appsample-coloringbook
- New Regional Effort Aims to Establish Cascadia Innovation Corridor
This broadcast quality footage includes soundbites from key Microsoft figures including Microsoft President Brad Smith, Microsoft Co-Founder Bill Gates, and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella as well as British Columbia Premier Christy Clark and Washington Governor Jay Inslee at the Emerging Cascadia Innovation Corridor Conference in Vancouver.
- Get started with VS Code using C# and .NET Core
This is a quick tutorial for getting started with C# in VS Code on Windows with .NET Core!
- Tuesdays with Corey: More Azure Portal stuff with Vlad
Corey Sanders, Director of Program Management on the Microsoft Azure Compute team gets a second chance to show off some new goodness with the Azure Portal - but this time he brings in reinforcements in the form of Vlad Joanovic - Principal PM. ...
- Robert Green Gets the Most from Visual Studio at DEVintersection Fall Count Down Show #6
Are you getting the most from Visual Studio? Robert Green and Richard Campbell discuss the huge number of features in Visual Studio that often go overlooked by busy developers. At DEVintersection you can attend sessions that will show you features of Studio that can increase your productivity and software quality. Robert also hints that...
- Episode 23: GaymerX
- Join us as we talk with Matt Conn the founder of GaymerX about the conference and why he started it. GaymerX 2016 is coming up at the end of September in Santa Clara and in this video we also chat about the newly announced GaymerX East which will be held in NY in November. ...
- SQL Server 2016 In-memory OLTP
Data Exposed has had Jos de Bruijn in the studio a couple of times, and today he is back to talk specifically about In-memory OLTP in SQL Server 2016. Jos is a Senior PM on the SQL team and today dives right in with a fantastic demo to first show how much easier it is to get started with In-memory OLTP, but also the performance improvements with this technology in SQL Server 2016 to make it even faster. ...
- Patch and Switch - What are your session options at Ignite?
Patch and Switch are on the Road to Ignite! In this episode we thought we'd share some of our insights into the various session types and what to choose in your schedule. ...
- Got a minute? This is where to Hang Out at Microsoft Ignite.
The Hang Out is just the spot for you—and it's brand new at Microsoft Ignite 2016. Conveniently located in Hall C2, the Hang Out is the place to, well, hang out. Something's always going on. But if you need a little space, the Hang Out has networking lounges where you can relax, connect, or get a few quiet minutes to yourself between sessions. ...
- #XaMonday Show: binding Nullable to a DatePicker
In this episode I discuss how to implement a custom DatePicker to accept data-binding of Nullable<DateTime> objects in Xamarin.Forms.
- Patch and Switch - Transportation To and From
Patch and Switch are on the Road to Ignite! In this episode we thought we'd share some of our ideas on Transportation options during Microsoft Ignite. ...
- Snack Pack 1: Android Emulators
Welcome to The Xamarin Show Snack Pack Edition. A Snack Pack is bite sized episode that is focused on a specific topic and covered in just a few minutes. Today, we take a look at the many ways of running Android applications on emulators and devices from Visual Studio and Xamarin Studio. ...
- 2016-09-15 | How Not To Get Hacked: Tips For Creating A More Secure Environment
You don't want this to happen to you. Help your organization avoid being front page news due to a security breach. Every organization large and small wants to avoid this all too common reality. From the unintentional sharing of data by employees through a rogue email, to losing data via a lost computer, to surviving hacker attacks, there's a lot to manage. ...
- Defrag Tools #168 - Powercfg Sleep Study
In this episode of Defrag Tools, Andrew Richards and Chad Beeder talk to Nashaat Soliman and Paresh Maisuria (program manager and developer from the Windows kernel power team) about the "Sleep Study" feature in the Powercfg tool, and how you can use it to diagnose battery drain issues on Modern Standby systems. ...
- Adventuring Python | Writing your first Lines
Adventuring Python is a beginner series for new developers who are afraid of development. This series provide them with enough knowledge to get started with basic development using Python using Visual Studio Community Edition. ...