Download this episode
Ken Schaefer (IIS MVP) and Chewy Chong used to work together back in Australia. Ken was in Singapore briefly before flying to TechEd Asia 2006 and dropped by the office to say hello. Chewy couldn’t resist the opportunity to pick Ken's brains on IIS 7 and sharing it with Singapore before he left.
In this video, Ken and Chewy Chong discuss some key new features of IIS 7:
- IIS 7 shipping with Vista and Longhorn
- Reduced attack surface by running absolutely only what you need with IIS7 components
- Overriding / extending built in IIS functionality with managed code (no more C++ / ISAPI)
- The IIS 7 pipeline and extending it with managed code
- IIS configuration… goodbye metabase, hello ASP.NET style configs
- Easier IIS remote configuration (.NET hoster nirvana maybe?)
The video’s got a number of demos and whiteboard drawings.
You can find out more about Ken and the great stuff he’s working on (including an IIS 7 book) on his blog: http://adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.