MIX06: What? Why? How?

Sign in to queue

Description

Recently, we announced a new conference, MIX, which is unlike any other Microsoft conference you've been to. In this video, Jennifer Ritzinger (you know her from our WM_IN series), talks to some of the thinkers behind the conference. You'll see Anthony Weeks, the artist who drew the poster you saw in the last MIX video.

Embed

Download

Download this episode

The Discussion

  • User profile image
    AdityaG
    Anthony Weeks ... is he human?? I am just watching this guy making a mural using sketching pens... no mistakes? *bows* Awesome stuff.

    Back on topic, this video was a nice middle between full techy videos and uber WM_IN ones. It would be nice to see more videos about how microsoft is changing its views and maybe methods when it comes to design (as in what we see as apposed to what's underneath).

    Cheers,
    Aditya
  • User profile image
    scobleizer
    Yeah, he's really a lot of fun to watch. I met him when I spoke to Target and was amazed at his work.
  • User profile image
    staceyw
    Cool.  Thanks guys.  Please digitize that and make some wallpaper for the 9ers that we can download.  Cheers.
  • User profile image
    jeffsand
    staceyw wrote:
    Cool.  Thanks guys.  Please digitize that and make some wallpaper for the 9ers that we can download.  Cheers.


    They are already available here.  Drill into each item for a hi-resolution scan.

    Enjoy!
  • User profile image
    Charles
    AdityaG wrote:

    Back on topic, this video was a nice middle between full techy videos and uber WM_IN ones. It would be nice to see more videos about how microsoft is changing its views and maybe methods when it comes to design (as in what we see as apposed to what's underneath).

    Cheers,
    Aditya


    Aditya, it's nice to see that you have picked up on the fact that MIX is a concrete manifestation of a changing Microsoft. This conference will be different. It will be more inclusive and there will be no Microsoft Storm Troopers patrolling the halls. Everybody will mix, blend, learn together. Forget about Vegas, the conference is the real attraction.
    C

    EDIT: Removed "Come on down!". I'm not in marketing. Smiley
  • User profile image
    enterprise_​arch
    Hi,

    Anyone has an idea how to sign up for Mix. I couldn't see anything related to the registration process... is this invitation only?

    any help on this would be great. It seems like a good coference to attend.

    Sultan
  • User profile image
    Charles
    enterprise_arch wrote:
    Hi,

    Anyone has an idea how to sign up for Mix. I couldn't see anything related to the registration process... is this invitation only?

    any help on this would be great. It seems like a good coference to attend.

    Sultan


    Go here.
  • User profile image
    sloppycode
    "leverage web based content services" uh huh. Hey guys we want to help you do this, p.s. have you seen our tool "Visual Studio", please stop lamp!

    Cool
  • User profile image
    erd25
    Nice!  Reminds me of SAP's Sapphire, well not the drawing, the conference that is. Smiley
  • User profile image
    erik_
    Great video, nice to see how everything fits together.

    Are there gonna be any videos from the event also?

    Thanks.
  • User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK
    I live in the UK and looked up the costs of the flights, hotels, etc it would cost aprrox £1500... which inculdes the $500 fee for mix.... [C]
  • User profile image
    Charles
    Kryptos wrote:
    I live in the UK and looked up the costs of the flights, hotels, etc it would cost aprrox £1500... which inculdes the $500 fee for mix....



    Kryptos/All
    , why not try to win your way to VegasWink

    C

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.