Entries:
Comments:
Posts:

Loading User Information from Channel 9

Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9

Latest Achievement:

Loading User Information from MSDN

Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN

Visual Studio Achievements

Latest Achievement:

Loading Visual Studio Achievements

Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements

Welcome Dan Fernandez to the Channel 9 Team!

Download

Right click “Save as…”

Dan Fernandez has joined the Channel 9 team!!! We are very lucky to have Dan as a.... Tune in and find out.

Tags:

Follow the Discussion

  • BasBas It finds lightbulbs.
    Welcome, Dan!

    I'm a big supporter of the weekly digest and answering forum questions idea, by the way. Any sort of dialogue type thing would be great.
  • Hey Dan, will you be doing a Geek make-over video show?
  • Jonathan MerriweatherCyonix Me
    Welcome! Smiley
  • JorrissJorriss Don't piss-off the Ibis.

    Congrats Dan. Way to make the U proud!

  • Wayne TaylorKryptos Backup People!
    Welcome! Big Smile
  • Dan FernandezDan
    eagle wrote:
    Hey Dan, will you be doing a Geek make-over video show?


    o.O! I've always wanted to do Tech Eye for the Regular Guy! I know Hanselman promised he would help me too Big Smile

    Now all I need our sponsors for the hardware!
  • Dan FernandezDan
    Jorriss wrote:
    

    Congrats Dan. Way to make the U proud!



    Jorriss! What's up man, long time no hear!! Alas the 'Canes did not do so great this year, but there's always next year Smiley

    What are you up to these days?
  • Christian Liensbergerlittleguru <3 Seattle
    Wow. Dan is here now... Great! Smiley
  • Welcome.

    I actually have met Dan when he was in Dallas with Eric obtaining developers comments as to what we would like to see in C#.

    Look forward to your videos. Smiley

    Cool 
  • corona_codercorona_coder Only Proprietary software vendors deal in absolutes.
    Hopefully you last longer than Rory.  Good luck with your new job.
  • Jeff Sandquistjeffsand Inch by Inch
    Fun times ahead for Channel 9. Glad to have you here, now its time for the initiation.
  • RoyalSchrubberRoyal​Schrubber One. How many time travellers does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Welcome, awesome to have you here. Smiley
  • ChadkChadk excuse me - do you has a flavor?
    Welcome Dan. Good to see you finally saw the light.
  • I love the idea of daily/weekly digest for all the updates happening in Microsoft. I just love it.. It would be really cool because interested people will not have to dig in through various websites to find news.. Please do that, my vote on that..
  • Welcome Dan...
    Hope We get more goodie.. videos..now coming our way...
    Its been Excellent...here...

    I also like the idea of Weekly digest...it will be awesome..& also looking forword to some more .NET deep videos...
  • Mike SampsonSampy And I come back to you now - at the turn of the tide

    My secret plot to write WoW addons at work is slowly coming together...

  • Christian Liensbergerlittleguru <3 Seattle
    Sampy wrote:
    My secret plot to write WoW addons at work is slowly coming together...


    Haha! Smiley
  • Good luck Dan @ Channel9! How about that AddOn Studio for WoW Channel9 video now? Wink
  • I'd like to see Rory defend this one. Yet another INTERNAL employee is hired onto the Channel 9 team.

    So the pattern continues...
  • dshadledshadle without users there is no experience.

    It is obvious that you did not clearly think about your comment before hitting the the post button. I have been a part of Channel 9 from the beginning and the balance between INTERNAL and EXTERNAL is about even. For example, Scoble, Adam, Erik and Beth were external.

    In fact, I could provide a list of people who have joined Microsoft based on the efforts of Channel 9. For sake of argument, I will assume that your comment is based on an interest to join our team and are afraid that not being internal hurts those chances. This is not the case and I will look forward to seeing your resume as we can always use more people to help us respond to random comments. Smiley

  • dshadle wrote:
    For sake of argument, I will assume that your comment is based on an interest to join our team and are afraid that not being internal hurts those chances. This is not the case and I will look forward to seeing your resume as we can always use more people to help us respond to random comments.
    I'm afraid I would fall short in the area of obsessive study of Microsoft® Teams and Product lines. I prefer a much more balanced approach and would end up asking much more pointed questions that would actually have the curious side effect of improving your products.

    I don't see that as being the initiative behind these videos.
  • CharlesCharles Welcome Change
    pepper wrote:
    
    dshadle wrote:
    For sake of argument, I will assume that your comment is based on an interest to join our team and are afraid that not being internal hurts those chances. This is not the case and I will look forward to seeing your resume as we can always use more people to help us respond to random comments.
    I'm afraid I would fall short in the area of obsessive study of Microsoft® Teams and Product lines. I prefer a much more balanced approach and would end up asking much more pointed questions that would actually have the curious side effect of improving your products.

    I don't see that as being the initiative behind these videos.


    Do you actually watch the videos we publish? Certainly, we have to focus primarily on our stack, but we most certainly do not conduct interviews as one would expect the average marketing coconut to do.

    When you see us behaving like mindless propaganda drones, please do call us out. We'll fix this errant behavior because it would in fact represent a bug in the Channel 9 content production system (the human content producer, specifically)...

    C
  • Hi Dan,

    lets have first video on .NET world or C# world...

    whats going on latest at microsoft camp about all this & the launch of .NET 3.5

    Lets have Anders  Hejlsberg too...( if possible )...deep internals video..or may be a sight into the future..

  • Hey - is that my couch?

    I'm going to have to charge you guys a rental fee Smiley

    Tim
  • CharlesCharles Welcome Change
    Tim Sneath wrote:
    Hey - is that my couch?

    I'm going to have to charge you guys a rental fee Smiley

    Tim


    Indeed, Dr. Sneath! Hey, when's our next interview, doc? Eh?

    Thanks for the couch Wink
    C

Remove this comment

Remove this thread

close

Comments Closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums,
or Contact Us and let us know.