Startup Stories: An Interview with Olivier de Jong, Founder of Airwave
Dutch startup Airwave is improving business and social interactions with their new, free web-based video conferencing platform. The best part of Airwave? No software or plugin installation is required- all you need is a modern browser. Meetings and conferences are arranged via a link, and invitations are sent in email allowing quick access to peer-to-peer calls.
Join David Giard as he welcomes the Founder of Airwave, Olivier de Jong to the show as they discuss how his company got started, early challenges they’ve had to overcome, their experience with the Microsoft BizSpark program as well how they are integrating Open Source solutions with Microsoft technologies such as Azure.
- [0:41] Tell us a little bit about Airwave and the work you're doing
- [3:06] What powers Airwave? Can you describe some of the tech behind your service?
- [6:21] How are you utilizing Azure?
- [7:18] I see that you're running a lot of Open Source technologies. How is that integrating with Microsoft solutions?
- [7:50] How did the company get started?
- [9:36] Are you getting any help from Microsoft? How is that experience working out for you?
- [12:55] What are some of the biggest challenges you've faced so far and how have you overcome them?
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- (Part 1) Women Building the Future – An Interview with Tereza Nemessanyi
- (Part 2) Women Building the Future – An Interview with Bernadine Brocker, CEO of Vastari
- (Part 3) Women Building the Future – An Interview with Diana Paredes, CEO of Suade
- (Part 4) Women Building the Future – An Interview with Jennifer Whaley, CEO of Pose a Pet
- (Part 5) Women Building the Future – An Interview with Luan Cox, CEO of Crowdnetic
- (Part 6) Women Building the Future – See how UAE's startup Nabbesh gives opportunities to women freelancers.