Download this episode
A great app starts with a great user interface. In today’s episode Jerry Nixon welcomes Chantal Leonard to the show as they discuss the decision process - from design to development – that went behind the scenes in the creation of the MSN or first party apps that shipped with Windows 10. Tune in and learn about the thought process behind building a Universal Windows app as well as some best practices you can incorporate when developing your own apps.
- [1:16] Tell us about the "Bing or MSN" apps that ship with Windows.
- [3:40] So how does this relate to today's episode? What were some of the decisions that had to be made when your team first started to created these apps?
- [6:10] What were some of the challenges your team faced?
- [10:30] What did the design to implementation phase look like?
- [14:04] Let's talk about the impact of adaptive apps in the development and design process. What are some of the major changes going on from Windows 8 to Windows 10?
- [17:19] DEMO: UX for the MSN apps across the desktop and phone
- [34:12] What advice do you have for developers making their own Universal Windows App?
For more information on designing Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, click here.
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.