David Giard welcomes Will Mallouk, CEO of Pixel Squad to the show as they discuss how his company got started in the gaming industry. Tune in as he describes for us their move away from AWS to Azure as well as what hurdles they had to overcome as an indie game shop on their quest to launch their first game – Crime Coast.
- [0:37] Tell us about Pixel Squad. What do you do?
- [2:07] Tell us about your game "Crime Coast" How was it being featured in both the Windows and Apple App store at the same time?
- [5:05] The game looks great! How did you make it?
- [6:16] What was the motivation for moving from Amazon Web Services to Azure?
- [8:05] Tell us a little bit about how your app communicates with Azure. How do you use Azure?
- [15:32] What were some of the technical hurdles you had to overcome on the day your game launched?
- [17:16] What's next for Pixel Squad and Crime Coast?
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- David Giard's Blog
- Learn more about Pixel Squad. Click here.
- Read the article! Leveraging the cloud to make an MMO with a tiny team, in Crime Coast
- (Part 1) Women Building the Future – An Interview with Tereza Nemessanyi
- (Part 2) Women Building the Future – An Interview with Bernadine Brocker, CEO of Vastari
- (Part 3) Women Building the Future – An Interview with Diana Paredes, CEO of Suade
- (Part 4) Women Building the Future – An Interview with Jennifer Whaley, CEO of Pose a Pet
- (Part 5) Women Building the Future – An Interview with Luan Cox, CEO of Crowdnetic
- (Part 6) Women Building the Future – See how UAE's startup Nabbesh gives opportunities to women freelancers.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.