Behind the Scenes: How Hendrick Motorsports uses Xamarin & Azure to Increase Communication, Productivity & Mobility
Hendrick Motorsports, which fields several prominent NASCAR teams, worked with Microsoft to expand the capabilities of its race crew chiefs with a cross-platform mobile app that can help them keep track of crucial race details. This web app follows over 1,100 tasks to complete a car as well as information for the crew chief from past race events so they can build that same car and add in what they learned from the last race.
Join Jerry Nixon as he welcomes Sr. Tech Evangelists, Shahed Chowdhuri and Dave Voyles to the show as they describe how they used Xamarin and Microsoft Azure to create their cross-platform app.
- [3:12] How did you meet up with Hendrick Motorsports and what type of problem were they trying to solve?
- [6:00] What solution did you devise for them?
- [7:50] Tell us a little bit about Xamarin and how it worked out for Hendrick?
- [9:27] What’s the criteria for choosing forms as the right solution?
- [11:11] How was data handled in this app?
- [15:18] How was the development experience working with all of these moving parts in Xamarin and Azure?
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs: