Behind the Scenes: How Hykso sends punches into the cloud using Microsoft Azure
Hykso makes a device that boxers and MMA fighters can use to capture performance data, helping them to measure and improve their punching skills. The company wanted to expand the device’s capabilities, so they worked together with Microsoft and devised a multi-user scenario where they were able to extend the senor data from the local device to the cloud using Azure Event Hubs and Stream Analytics.
Join Jerry Nixon as he welcomes Charles Lambert, Lead Developer from Hykso and Startup Evangelist, Steve Seow from Microsoft, as they discuss this project in detail as well as provide valuable advice and best practice tips.
- [5:47] What does Hykso do?
- [7:30] Tell us a little bit about the hardware and how this works?
- [9:15] Sports and IoT innovation seem to be hand-in-hand right now. How do you think this will play out in the future?
- [12:38] How did Microsoft play into this project?
- [15:12] What do fighters and trainers think when you show this to them?
- [19:20] How do you start to calculate complicated things like movement or speed?
- [22:10] When will this device be available and where can people find it?
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs: