Behind the Scenes: How Plas.md created an IoT solution for BioNautica, an Interactive Therapy app
Plas.md is a startup specializing in health solutions. They leverage next-generation technologies such as virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), wearable devices, and artificial intelligence to solve some of the hardest problems in healthcare and education. The company’s goal is to create targeted applications and experiences that enhance wellness, improve performance, and enable individuals across the world to attain the highest quality of life.
Microsoft recently teamed up with Plas.md to help prototype an IoT solution for their exercise and physical therapy application, BioNautica.
Join Jerry Nixon as he welcomes CEO & Founder of Plas.md Vance Souders and Technical Evangelist Amanda Lange to the show as they discuss how they used Universal Windows Platform (UWP), Unity 3D, Azure IoT Hub, Android Wear 2.0, and Microsoft Band 2 into their vision.
- [6:14] What does Plas.md do?
- [10:01] What are some of the unique services Plas.md offers customers?
- [11:42] How did this project get started?
- [17:11] How important are Hackathons? What are the benefits of attending one?
- [22:03] Where are you pushing BioNautica to?
- [27:03] What's so exciting about wearables? Why is this so attractive for consumers?
- [31:58] How did UWP fit into the mix for this project?
- [35:08] How approachable is this technology? Can any developer pick this up and apply it to their own project?
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs: