Sunburned Games is an independent studio, which develops its own line of PC games. Their vision is to create hand-crafted gaming experiences with historical authenticity and strong narratives.
Join Jerry Nixon as he welcomes Joachim Sammer, CEO & Co-Founder of Sunburned Games, as they discuss their first official release – “The Great Whale Road” – and share with us the inspiration for the game, how they developed its narrative, graphics, and soundtrack – as well as the reasoning behind their decision to use Unity, and much, much more!
- [4:34] How did you get the idea for this game, "The Great Whale Road"?
- [5:15] How much work was involved getting this game to be historically accurate?
- [7:09] Can you describe what this game is?
- [12:46] This is such a beautifully designed game --- how did you decide on the creative direction for this game?
- [14:08] The soundtrack for this so game is so awesome and intense --- who composed this?
- [15:56] This game was written on Unity correct?
- [18:00] How did you come up with the name "The Great Whale Road" --- what does it mean?
- [18:54] What platform is the game currently on and why?
- [20:00] How has user feedback been incorporated in the game?
- [21:07] Now this game can also be found in the Windows Store. What was the decision process there?
- [22:18] Usually the apps in the store are UWP apps --- but yours isn't. Why did you use the Desktop Bridge method?
- [25:33] What's next for “The Great Whale Road” and Sunburned Games?
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs: