Your Guide to Microsoft Quantum Computing and Development
Microsoft recently released the Quantum Development Kit.
Join Jerry Nixon as he welcomes Corporate Vice President of Microsoft Quantum, Todd Holmdahl , to the show as they discuss all of the major questions surrounding Quantum today. How does this division fit in Microsoft’s ecosystem? What is Q# and how will Quantum computing affect developers? Is Microsoft’s mission changing to “a Quantum computer on every desktop”? Find the answers to all of these questions and more!
- [03:17] How do you anticipate your work at Microsoft Quantum to feed back into traditional products? What is it that you're doing exactly?
- [09:25] How does Microsoft Quantum relate to Microsoft Research?
- [09:55] Is Microsoft Quantum a software division, hardware division, or something else?
- [13:32] Microsoft is not the only group pursuing Quantum technology. Everyone quotes their number of qubits, sometimes physical, sometimes logical. Is there a difference?
- [19:15] Do you feel like there is room for more than one Quantum solution in the marketplace or is this a first-to-goal-wins scenario? Does Microsoft have a good chance?
- [20:33] Microsoft Quantum is special in many ways, and one of those is that we're building the "whole stack". How does this set us apart? Is this just marketing or is it truly meaningful?
- [24:39] Is Microsoft's mission changing to: "a Quantum computer on every desktop" soon? :) Or is this just for large enterprise organizations?
- [26:08] What do you see as the short and long term impact on developers?
- [33:30] Tell us about Q# and the Quantum Development Kit (QDK)?
- [41:00] What do you anticipate the first impacts being for the developer community?
- [47:15] What is the one take-away you hope our developer community hears today about Microsoft
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.