Microsoft DevRadio: Developing for Windows 8 in 1/2 the time (Part1) Getting Started
Developer Evangelist, Michael Palermo kicks off his new series today where he shows us how we can develop for Windows 8 in under 4 minutes or less. Today’s topic? How to get started developing your Windows 8 app by downloading and using Visual Studio Express.
Step #1 – Download the Tools for Windows 8 App Development
Step #2 – Download Visual Studio Express for Windows 8
Step #3 – Start building your own Apps for Windows 8
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
- Getting started with Windows 8 Apps
- How to Sell Your Apps and Make Money in the Windows Store
- Attend a Windows 8 Developer Camp and Hackathon in your area!
Blogs & Articles:
- Microsoft DevRadio: Building and Publishing Great Apps in Windows 8
- Microsoft DevRadio: “ Lessons Learned” Developing a Windows 8 app for the “Rock, Paper, Azure” challenge
- Microsoft DevRadio: How to Convert Your Windows Phone App into a Windows 8 Application