David Chou welcomes Brian Satorius, founder and creator of the “Smart Shopping” app to the show as they discuss how Brian developed his app for Windows 8 and Windows Phone using Windows Azure as its back-end cloud service platform.
- [2:20] What does the Smart Shopping app do?
- [3:40] Why did you decide to build a Windows Store app when you already have a Windows Phone version?
- [4:10] What was your experience in building the app? How was it different than the Windows Phone version?
- [9:15] Why did you choose Windows Azure as your backend cloud service platform?
- [15:08] How has your experience been in using Azure Mobile Services?
- [21:46] What brought you to building an app for Windows Phone?
- [30:17] How has your experience been so far working with Microsoft?
App Builder Virtual Summit, May 2nd There’s never been a better time to build for Windows! Attend the Virtual Summit and learn about the Windows ecosystem opportunity, design and monetization tips, partner development frameworks, and even reviews from iOS and Android developers. Don’t miss this FREE online event, REGISTER today!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
- Getting started with Windows 8 Apps
- How to Sell Your Apps and Make Money in the Windows Store
- Attend a Windows 8 Developer Camp and Hackathon in your area!
- Using Windows Azure to Build Back-End Services for Windows 8 apps: Parts 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
- Microsoft DevRadio: How I’ve Made OVER $100k with My Windows 8 Apps
- Microsoft DevRadio: How to Include Advertising in Your Windows 8 apps