Microsoft DevRadio: How I’ve Made OVER $100k with My Windows 8 Apps
Michael Palermo welcomes Kevin Ashley to the show as they discuss how Kevin has made over $100k on his Windows 8 apps. Tune in as they discuss some tips and tricks for how you can improve your app revenue like how to properly price your app and various monetization options that are available to you such as in-app purchase, pay-per download and advertising.
- [1:38] How much have you made so far and what motivated you to create the app?
- [5:21] Did Microsoft pay you to do this?
- [6:35] What do you think contributed to your success?
- [8:31] What tips can you share for improving app revenue?
- [14:33] DEMO: Do you have code examples for monetizing apps?
- [18:43] How did you market your app? Did Microsoft give you an unfair advantage?
- [21:45] What do you think makes a great app?
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
- Getting started with Windows 8 Apps
- How to Sell Your Apps and Make Money in the Windows Store
- Attend a Windows 8 Developer Camp and Hackathon in your area!
Blogs & Articles:
- Michael Palermo’s Blog
- Kevin Ashley’s Blog
- Buy the Book! Professional Windows 8 Programming: Application Development with C# and XAML
- Check out the “Winter Ski & Ride” app for Windows Phone
- 15 Part Series – Developing for Windows 8 in 1/2 the Time
- Microsoft DevRadio: How to Include Advertising in Your Windows 8 apps
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.