Download this episode
Nisha Baxi and Jerry Nixon are back for today’s show as they welcome Developer Evangelist Daniel Egan to talk about how you can migrate your Windows Phone App to a Window 8 application. Tune in as they discuss what steps are needed, the level of effort that is required, what design and control changes should be considered as well as some words of wisdom for cross-platform app development.
Step #1 – Download the Tools for Windows 8 App Development
Step #2 – Download Visual Studio Express for Windows 8
Step #3 – Start building your own Apps for Windows 8
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
- Getting started with Windows 8 Apps
- How to Sell Your Apps and Make Money in the Windows Store
- Attend a Windows 8 Developer Camp and Hackathon in your area!
- Learn more about Windows Phone to Windows 8 Convert-A-Thons
Blogs & Articles:
- Microsoft DevRadio: Developing for Windows 8 in 1/2 the time (Part1) Getting Started
- Microsoft DevRadio: How to Convert Your Windows Phone App into a Windows 8 Application
- Microsoft DevRadio: Why Wait? Develop for Windows 8 Now!
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.