Microsoft DevRadio: Microsoft Azure Mobile Services Overview & the New .NET Backend
Matt Harrington kicks off a new 4 part series on the new features and capabilities found in Microsoft Azure Mobile Services. Tune in for part 1 where he invites Sr. Program Manager Yavor Georgiev to discuss the latest enhancements made to Azure Mobile Services as well as the new .NET backend.
- [0:30] Who are Azure Mobile Services for?
- [1:14] What are the capabilities of Azure Mobile Services?
- [3:40] How does Azure Mobile Services compare to Parse?
- [4:21] How is it implemented?
- [6:06] What are some of the principles that guided development of the .NET backend?
- [9:51] What are some of the new Offline sync capabilities?
- [11:55] What types of scenarios are enabled with the new Active Directory Authentication features?
- [12:33] What’s new with Push Notifications?
- [13:45] Let’s talk about the new .NET backend --- how do I get started?
- [18:07] How can I use an on-premise database?
- [20:20] Microsoft recently announced at TechEd a new feature called “Hybrid Connections.” What is it and why is it important?
- [21:05] What existing investments can be brought in? Can I make my own controllers?
- [24:45] Where does NuGet fit in and is it open source?
- [25:53] What new features can we expect down the line?
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Blogs & Articles:
- Matt Harrington’s blog
- Yavor Georgiev’s blog
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Free Training at your Fingertips. Sign up Today