Download this episode
Like what you heard? Try Windows Azure for FREE and enjoy the freedom to use your preferred OS, language, database or tool. Windows Azure can help you deploy sites to a highly scalable environment, deploy and run virtual machines, and create highly scalable application in a rich PaaS environment. Give it a try!
I feel the need. The need for speed" sums ups the role of caching in distributed applications. When your application involves database lookups or service calls, every millisecond of latency adds up, particularly for high demand, "internet scale" solutions. Do you really need to execute a database query each time you're validating a zip code? How often does your product catalog change – wouldn't it be more efficient to just hold it in memory versus making a service or SQL call?
Caching is (hopefully) already part of your on-premises solutions, and with Windows Azure Caching you can easily pull in the same functionality but know that it's backed up by the Windows Azure SLA; "leave the driving to us" in other words. I invite you to take a closer look at this incredibly powerful yet simple to incorporate feature in Jim O'Neil's latest segment of Practical Azure on DevRadio.
After watching this video, follow these next steps:
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Register for our Windows Azure Hands-on Lab Online (HOLO) events today!
- (Part 1) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil – Azure Basics
- (Part 2) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil – What to do with Blobs?
- (Part 3) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil–Why do we need Drives?
- (Part 4) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil–Using the Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- (Part 5) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil –Table Storage Overview
- (Part 6) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil – Windows Azure SQL Database
- (Part 7) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil – SQL Database Federations
- (Part 8) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil –SQL Data Sync
- (Part 9) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil – Windows Azure Web Sites
- (Part 10) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil – Web Roles
- (Part 11) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil – Worker Roles
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.