Microsoft DevRadio: (Part 6) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil – Windows Azure SQL Database
Like what you heard? Try Windows Azure for FREE and enjoy the freedom to use your preferred OS, language, database or tool. Windows Azure can help you deploy sites to a highly scalable environment, deploy and run virtual machines, and create highly scalable application in a rich PaaS environment. Give it a try!
In Part 6 of his Windows Azure series, Jim O’Neil continues his look at storage options found in Windows Azure by giving an overview of what you can do with Windows Azure SQL Database. Tune in as he explains the key differences between SQL Server on-premise for developers and DB admins and then shows us how to set-up an Azure SQL Database.
After watching this video, follow these next steps:
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Register for our Windows Azure Hands-on Lab Online (HOLO) events today!
- Microsoft DevRadio: (Part 1) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil – Azure Basics
- Microsoft DevRadio: (Part 2) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil – What to do with Blobs?
- Microsoft DevRadio: (Part 3) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil–Why do we need Drives?
- Microsoft DevRadio: (Part 4) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil–Using the Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Microsoft DevRadio: (Part 5) Practical Azure with Jim O’Neil –Table Storage Overview