Microsoft DevRadio: Your Top Windows Store Questions Answered
- [8:11] Can I use my existing MSI to sell my apps?
- [9:51] Can I use the Windows Store as a delivery mechanism for a Windows 32 bit desktop app?
- [11:45] What other markets / currency does the Windows Store support?
- [14:16] Can Penguins in Antarctica use the Windows Store?
- [15:34] What is the opportunity size for Windows 8 Developers?
- [16:32] Payment Options?
- [18:20] How are apps sorted? How can I get featured?
- [20:41] What analytics are available?
- [22:10] How do I get paid?
- [24:35] What is the revenue split?
- [25:54] Pricing & Licensing for my app?
- [30:41] Do trials work?
- [36:31] What about subscription support for my app?
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
- Getting started with Windows 8 Apps
- How to Sell Your Apps and Make Money in the Windows Store
- Attend a Windows 8 Developer Camp and Hackathon in your area!
Blogs & Articles:
- Jerry Nixon’s Blog
- Windows Store Blog: “Improving apps with Quality Reports”
- “Making customer-focused decisions with Adoption reports”
- “Getting paid from the Windows Store”
- Microsoft DevRadio: Building and Publishing Great Apps in Windows 8
- Microsoft DevRadio: Why Wait? Develop for Windows 8 Now!
- Microsoft DevRadio: Top 10 Windows 8 Secrets for App Success