This is the first part of my updated ScreenCast series on implementing the Windows 7 Taskbar features in less than 5 minutes . The short video shows how to leverage the Windows 7 Taskbar Icon Overlay feature for your application. I am using the WindowsAPICodePack which you can download here to leverage a managed API warpper for the native Win32 APIs.
In this part I show you how to implement custom Icon Overlays in the taskbar indicating status in the taskbar of your application. In your applications you can use this to
- Can indicate the status of your application or provide other useful information (such as online/offline, sign in status, status of your application).
- Dynamically change the icon.
The source code is available
With the general availability of Windows 7 just around the corner this is your chance to get the following exclusive and free benefits from Microsoft for your Company within less than 10 minutes for showing Windows 7 compatibility:
- A copy of Windows 7 BEFORE it launches to the general public on October 22nd
- Exposure through the Microsoft Channels
- Marketing material for Co-Marketing
- Microsoft Partner Network Points
- Use of the Microsoft Frontrunner logo
Let me know if you would like to know more on how to receive these benefits.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me.
Also, check out my blog at https://blogs.msdn.com/glenz .